Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
I found this old timer and he told me he has many lights, 12 to be axact and two pole style lights as well for sale. He actually allowed me to bring them home and said pay him whats fair. I have no idea. He even said I could pay him a little less to get a decent deal.

So here are some pics. All except one are 18 inches across and have the fixtures and approx 4 foot pole.

The two pole topper styles are huge and have a 8x8 wooden pole base but can be used either way. on top of an iron pole or wooden pole.

I want to be fair. The catch is that I dont need all of them I just wanted a few for my shop to give it that old style appearance. I dont mind buyign them all as I am sure I can use them down the road. I plan on opening a gasoline ally style store when I move to Idaho someday as I have some commercial property with a 1800 sq ft building on Hwy 95. I figure I can use then to decorate this building.

In any case I want to give him a fair value and then let him make me an offer.

The white pole toppers have a little cover over the top. The white ones have some scrapes in the porcelain. Am I better ioff leaving them like this or filing and painting the lights if I buy them?
I appreciate any input. Thanks Dave

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
more

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The two white lights you have are very similiar to the lights that came with the ECO 240 Islander series. ECO (Bennett Pump Co.) probably purchased them from that company. I do not recognize that square base on the bottom of them though, it looks like they were mounted on a high base of some kind but this base could be removed and the light mounted on a pipe. Now the only problem is the condition of the porculain. A perfect light (no chips) sells for about $150.00, much less for bent or ones with chips because they are a little difficult to repair. You might be able to sell them for between $75.00 and $100.00 each.
As for the other lights, similiar ones are still being made today, I have seen them in restaurents over every table. So the resale of them might be a little slow. Can't give you any idea of value as I have never priced them.
When I purchase quantity items such as these, I try to buy them at a price that when I sell one or two, I at least break even, then I don't have anything tied up the rest and am not pressured to sell them just to get my money back.
Hope this helps.

Jack Sim
The Gas Pump & Air Meter books are ready, check this out: www.petrolianacollectibles.com

[This message has been edited by Jack Sim (edited 04-04-2008).]

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Dave:
Check your email. I want a little one if you decide to sell any of them.
Rick

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I've paid anywhere from $5.00 to $15.00 for the green ones like that around here. The most valuable part is the socket assembly that mounts to the shade because if that is missing and you have to buy it new it's probably $30.00. Wouldn't pay much more than $10.00 each for the green ones, but I have seen them sell on eBay for $25.00-30.00 so who knows?

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i had a lot of 22 of your green ones for sale on this site about 2 months ago for $300....i finally found a taker locally for the same price....same stems and swivels

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The little green ones are typically priced from $8-15 at swap meets. I'd offer $200 or $225 for the whole batch, including the white ones which are the real stars of this show.

L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Thanks for the input. I gave him $75 each for the white ones, they are worth that to me. I also ended up giving him $25 each for the green ones. I like them. I know the green ones dont go for much especially back east and in the midwest but I dont see many out here and any you see on the net, you to ad shipping. I figure I can use them somewhere some day. I alos knew he needed the $$$ pretty bad and he appreciated the prices I gave him. He may have been happy with less but at least I dont feel bad. I really like the white ones, they are huge and will work great with I have planned.

Thanks again Dave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Although the yokes are different, the white bonnets are the same as used on 36B Station Lighters.

A good deal is when both parties feel good afterwards.
db

L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Hey Dick, do you reccomend filling the porcelain chips and painting these white ones. I do my won body and paint, so it sno big deal. I was going to fill them and shoot them Viper red! I am very into red. Its a weakness of mine.

or maybe white or dodge blue.

Dave

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Porcelain will have to be etched for paint to stick well.
I've been looking for a Good white top cap, yours are about the same as what I have.

L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Ya, I would have to rough them up and hit it with urathane epoxy primer, sticks to everything very well after all the of so called body work and fill was done. I may just do one and leave the other alone for out by the barn. Dave

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Dave,
Glad to hear you got them bought and are happy with the deal.

Mick

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
If you EVER decide not to use the bases off the big white ones, let me know.

The green ones, the trick is to get enough of the same... bet I have 20 different but not 4 the same..

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved