Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#640435 Sat Dec 12 2015 06:33 PM
I
Itsme Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I'm having trouble tryn to find out how to market these. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I have about 1000 nos original vintage tires. They are not cracked they were n the basement of an old church. I have some sets,pairs and alot of singles. From 12"-21" white & BLACKWALL.
I'm thinking that the singles would be excellent for Tire stands. Please send any ideas or if interested.

Please don't ask

Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PM sent.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
any 900-16 tires

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
In case you haven't already considered this, I suggest you be very careful to advertise, market, and eventually sell these as DISPLAY-ONLY TIRES. Old tires, even if NOS, and no matter how good they look, can fail without warning in use. And, they don't have to going down the road to do so. Some mounted old NOS tires have been known to actually blow out, while the car is "at rest" (sitting in a garage, for example). In today's litigation-happy world,......well, I'm sure you get the picture concerning possible liability. Best of luck with your sale.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What do you have in 14" & 15"?

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hello,
Any motorcycle whitewalls ? Plain motorcycle tire ?
Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
I
Itsme Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Sizes?

Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
PM sent

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
PM Sent

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
PM Sent

B
B
Jolly-John is right. I wouldn't trust these tires to drive around a parking lot. When the tires on my collection get 10 years old, I replace them no matter what they look like. Your tires would probably be good for a trailered show car, but that's as far as I would go. I've seen and heard about too many wrecks with tires that 'looked' good, but were old. They'd be great for a gas station display.
Ken

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By bowtiefan
Jolly-John is right. I wouldn't trust these tires to drive around a parking lot. When the tires on my collection get 10 years old, I replace them no matter what they look like. Your tires would probably be good for a trailered show car, but that's as far as I would go. I've seen and heard about too many wrecks with tires that 'looked' good, but were old. They'd be great for a gas station display.
Ken

I agree that old RADIAL tires would be a huge liability issue but BIAS PLY tires are a different animal.

There are many 30-40+ year old bias ply tires still giving reliable service on collector cars. The key is to keep the tires out of the sunlight and away from sources of ozone (electric motors).
There was a time when Bonneville racers couldn't get new tires capable of 200+ MPH so they ran 40+ year old bias ply tires designed for those speeds.

The OP has both bias ply and radial tires. The radials would be ok to display on a tire stand. I wouldn't risk putting them on a car, even if it was to be trailered.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hoping to hear back with my request for what 14" & 15" tire sizes are available.Be they black wall,white letter,Bias-ply or radial..
Thank you.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Would love to know the story. Was the Preacher and the Deacons doing the Lords work with a truck load of stolen tires stashed away in the basement? They will have to answer for that some day.
Sorry to much TV I guess!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
I
Itsme Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I don't kno if I'm even doin this rite.... But thank u all for viewing this. All of these like I said b4 are n my storage units. This weekend I will try and make it down there and take some pics of the obsolete brands that I have. I have been in the Tire biz now for 13yrs. I'm 36 now & I'm truly amazed with the condition of these Tires. U really have to C them to believe it alot of them are not hard and crystalized and all cracked. And Some of the thought and design of these r absolutely crazy.
Responding on the concern of these Tires failing yes I understand the risks, my intentions for this post were strictly for show cars and for display purposes. I would like to assume that others would have common sense not to roll down the interstate with these, but then again who knows. I would just like to see these end up n the rite hands cuz these r truly museum quality And I would venture to say some of the last ones out there once they r gone they r gone for good. If someone out there is a serious buyer that would like to purchase the whole lot please contact me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump Globe auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved