Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#642002 Mon Dec 28 2015 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Morning gassers. It's been a rough last twenty four hours or so in the Midwest with rain of epic proportions and flooding not seen in years. We left for Florida Saturday afternoon and so I'm not home to enjoy the mess but have been talking to the kids and friends non stop to keep up with the calamity. Luckily we didn't have any property affected by the rain but lots of folks weren't so lucky. The stuff has moved in to the Florida panhandle this morning so I am setting here watching the driving rain and keeping abreast of the tornado warnings. Hope you are safe and on the high ground wherever you are in Oldgasland. Be careful out there....GB

Rabbitman #642005 Mon Dec 28 2015 07:52 AM
Good morning gang!

I am pretty tired this morning. I did not get much sleep this weekend due to snow and ski patrol. I got up early today as I have a bunch of stuff to get done in the shop today and to top it off it sounds like more snow tonight.

I need to get my butt to the post office today, I have a money order I need to get out for a globe I bought, plus some parts that need to be shipped out USPS. I have bowling tonight, hopefully I will bowl good, I sure did on Saturday night..

Have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Rabbitman #642010 Mon Dec 28 2015 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well it sounds like you guys are having a blue Monday. Our weather here is rain mixed with sleet, high winds and 32° degrees. Wonderful morning to stay in bed.

I'm up on my real work so I'll be finishing a Wayne 515 that I kept original and should have that completed this afternoon. It was one tough pump to disassemble because I wanted to reuse the bolts and not screw up the Michigan state color, RUST. I really like the look and pretty happy how it turned out. Even flight control likes it.

Stay safe everyone and have the best possible day you can have! Les

Have gas all the time
Rabbitman #642015 Mon Dec 28 2015 09:12 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Yes, it is soggy wet here too. Still raining hard. Supposed to stop around Noon. There is an old guy at the top of the hill gathering pairs of animals into a very large boat.

Our lake is up to max level. Our house is on high enough ground. A bunch of roads are closed in our region. Glad I don't have to go anywhere important today.

Get to high ground out there in Oldgasland!

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Done4 #642020 Mon Dec 28 2015 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Done4
Our weather here is rain mixed with sleet, high winds and 32° degrees.

...really bad weather here too. 10k+ people without power and the rain/ice mix continues. its really taking a toll on our spruce tree!

on a side note, it was an excellent holiday for me... my truck arrived from California on Christmas eve. I've been wanting one for some time, but waited for the right one. It should be interesting, as this is my first auto project. It has the major stuff done, but still needs a lot of small things... including door windows, lol (i guess thats the difference between Cali & Illinois, kind of need those around here!)

ice.jpg spruce.jpg truck.jpg

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Rabbitman #642026 Mon Dec 28 2015 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice choice Bryce, is that a satin finish on her?

Have gas all the time
Rabbitman #642027 Mon Dec 28 2015 10:42 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim ask the old guy to forget the mosquitoes this time please. Given what I have seen on the news I won't complain about the slightly coolish but dry conditions in the SW. No fire like Ventura county either. Too cold to golf but I am not looking at a deluge like Bryce and others. So stay dry and safe out there.

Done4 #642028 Mon Dec 28 2015 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Done4
Nice choice Bryce, is that a satin finish on her?

right now that is just a light yellow primer. I will either leave it like that for a while, or will be doing a some sort of a satin paint job. really like the satin look... leaning towards steel blue right now

Rabbitman #642034 Mon Dec 28 2015 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Afternoon gang! What a variety of weather around the country! We woke up to -3 degrees and 15 mph winds. The wind has slacked off and temps are up to +9 now, so its all good!
Headed into the post office, and then I have to see about getting my Sno-Bear drug out to the house! The ice on the lake is getting pretty thick and its just about time for some ice fishing!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Rabbitman #642085 Mon Dec 28 2015 07:38 PM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Bryce nice truck, if windows wasn't big on their list you might try the heater. That might not have been too big on the needs list either.
We had a wet but short sleeve holidays. Rain rolled in this afternoon and temps dropped and wind is howling. But listening to you other guys we are in good shape. Unless your looking forward to ice fishing then your out of luck. The warm temps has not been good for duck hunting, and the Bucks are confused as to when they are to begin the rut.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT ALL!!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Rabbitman #642087 Mon Dec 28 2015 07:47 PM
Love the truck, Bryce. You'll have fun with it.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Loyd Pierce
Bryce nice truck, if windows wasn't big on their list you might try the heater. That might not have been too big on the needs list either.

and you would be right... no heater either. luckily that is a pretty easy fix.

the list is long already:
windows and moldings
door seals
hinges need adjustment
needs a new or repaired seat
heater
bed wood
suspension adjusted
wiper motor
gotta have a radio
exhaust needs extended to rear
etc...

it will be a busy winter, but im excited

Rabbitman #642125 Tue Dec 29 2015 01:43 PM
G
G
I was on a hunting trip in norther MO last month and the area we hunt had up to 6 feet of water on top of it. We drove the roads with a jon boat.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved