Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I've bought from all,but I have to admit,connecting with others on Facebook recently with similar interests as me has led me to acquire some very,very good things that I thought I could never find or have.People just show you what they have & how much,and you message them instantly....literally no waiting,no over inflated price and no B.S. fees or exaggerated descriptions.
I'm on FB right now and am awaiting 3 more packages this week.
I've already returned the favor to the hobby and sold 8 of my items for below mkt. value as well.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have just been on FB the last few weeks. It seems like a hard place to buy anything. By the time I see it 100 people plus have already seen it and is sold.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Most of my collection has come from other collectors, antique dealer buddies, and auctions. I've bought one sign off ebay.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Very interesting to see where the trends are going . Early 2000s Ebay was a hot place for sure . Now everything has changed . More venues .

Follow the Red Indian Trail
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have the best luck now on craigslist . But I have got a few good leads from antique store owners on signs and other items they were not willing to pay retail price for . I would always rather hold an item in my hand and be sure of value.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The last 8 signs I purchased were from Facebook. I also buy from people on this site, shows and last but not least eBay. When I lived in Wisconsin I would find signs in antique shops and occasionally old gas stations, farms, etc.

Private sales have always been where my heart is at plain and simple. Demolition has by far been the biggest payoff due to the fact that sometimes I'm paid to remove it! You really can't beat getting out there and looking though. Can't tell you how many flanges and DS hangers in brackets I've found as painted like ***** "Local Family Farm blah blah blah, Welcome!" sitting right where they've been for 50 years.

Last edited by NWVisibles; Fri Feb 12 2016 12:23 AM.

Always looking for rusty old pumps and signage especially Visibles, Northwest or West Coast brands, and Standard Oil of California.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved