Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#648277 Fri Feb 26 2016 03:44 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Greeting everyone, I have a few pumps and am looking for help with the value of them.

IMG_3272.jpg
3 pumps

IMG_3273.jpg
one pump

Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Feb 26 2016 03:52 PM. Reason: edit to conform with Guidelines
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
pismogas #648424 Sun Feb 28 2016 10:01 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Cary,
Values are such a subjective issue, I'll offer my opinion based on what is visible. Also, values are based on several other factors, are you buying or selling. My opinion is just that, may not be accurate in your neck of the woods.

The first pump is a Bennett 900 series that is missing all the trim and faces, this could be just a parts pump. It's missing approx. $350 in parts. If it was complete and nice shape, they sell in the $700 and $800 range, you can go from there.

The second pump is a Bowser 575, looks fairly complete, maybe missing some trim, again these are somewhere around $800 retail.

The third pump is a Neptune 855 and it's missing some critical parts which are hard to find, I call this one a parts pump only. If the nozzle receiver is broken as they usually are, then that really hurts. I only see a few hundred in sellable parts, not all pieces are in high demand.

The forth pump looks like an Erie clockface that has been cut down for a farm pump, not exactly sure what it is. Little value, maybe a hundred or so.

It's really hard to put values on a pump without seeing it in person, so please take my response with consideration of all the factors I mentioned and some that I forgot.....lol

Tom

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
pismogas #648497 Sun Feb 28 2016 10:24 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Tom- Thank you for your advice.

-Cary

Last edited by Oldgas; Mon Feb 29 2016 07:10 AM. Reason: edit to conform with Guidelines
pismogas #648525 Mon Feb 29 2016 09:52 AM
Have to agree with the above statements with a slight modification. I'd say $300-350 range on the Bennett, and about $700 MAX on the West Coast being that you still see a number of them and that missing stainless is well... a whole lotta fun tying to find (and even more fun to pay for!). The Neptune I would say you could get at least $300+ out of parts but again, you will end up with bits no one needs, well nearly no one. The base and skins look good but I'd pass if you're not planning on tearing it apart. Same for the Erie. But that's all opinion

Always looking for rusty old pumps and signage especially Visibles, Northwest or West Coast brands, and Standard Oil of California.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved