Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58989 Thu Jun 28 2007 07:31 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi everyone, I may be in a position to buy an Erie visible pump. It looks as though the framework and the skins are with it and 2 pipes sticking out of the top of it. (I really am not too familiar with visible pumps). There is no glass for it. The price seems good at $100, but I wanted to make sure this won't be a project that can't be finished.

I am curious if this is a pump that parts are readily available for. My wife is gone for the week so now is my chance before she gets back. She'll still be mad but once it is in the shed, that's half the battle won lol.
If someone could also point me to pictures of one I would appreciate it, I haven't been able to find any.
Thanks in advance.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#58990 Thu Jun 28 2007 11:40 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
There is a picture of the pump on page 161 of my Gas Pump Identification book. It is the only visible pump Erie ever made. Introduced in 1933. I have color sales literature available for this pump, email me if you are interested. jhsim@swbell.net

Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and Air Meter Identification book
Need ECO parts? www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#58991 Fri Jun 29 2007 05:12 AM
V
V
Universal dome tops with globe holder are available in metal or fiberglass.Brass rods can be custom ordered.You need to know the diameter of the cylinder to find out how common of a size you need.The electric conduit could be custom bent.You would still need a jar lid and gallon markers.Both can be found in the catalogs.Did I forget anything?Are you in trouble with your wife yet?lol,V-man

#58992 Fri Jun 29 2007 02:27 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi fellows, thankyou for your help. The scenario has changed somewhat, I found out now that the pump is on ebay. A coworker had told me about the pump being for sale, but didn't know the exact details.

Jack, if I get the pump I'll definitely get a copy of the brochure. I really should get a copy of your book in the near future too.

Vmann, I'm not in trouble yet, but now I have no choice to let her know because it still has over 2 days left on the auction, and I'm picking her up tonight. Oh well, perhaps I can sweet talk her lol.

Thanks again.

#58993 Fri Jun 29 2007 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Last I heard Seth still has a few.

#58994 Sat Jun 30 2007 07:14 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Oops, sorry to be rude! Here is the link to the pump. I've been told by my financial manager that I can't bid. I think it may be a little beyond my abilities anyways, I just hope someone gets it and saves it from the scrapyard or a similar fate.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Erie-Model-100-Gas-P...1QQcmdZViewItem

#58995 Sat Jun 30 2007 11:57 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The pump is certainly worth $100.00. Actually it is a good way to start out, if you can't find the parts you need, you have a good parts pumps, and should be able to make some money on it.

For $100.00 don't let it slip away.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved