Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#657761 Wed Jun 08 2016 12:42 PM
W
Walt K Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Just finishing my Fry 17 and need help identifying the red that Atlantic Refining used on pumps. Does anyone know the paint color code? Any help would be appreciated.

Walt K. in PA

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Walt K #657770 Wed Jun 08 2016 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you are using a pump plate? Then match the red color to the pump plate you are using...

Fry/Guarantee 17 were produced for close to 10 years (if I remember correctly) and were in use probably into the 1940s...

Paint codes from the late 1910s into the mid 1920s are not applicable to 2016, paints have changed drastically ... So match colors to pump plates or decals or globes

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Walt K #657773 Wed Jun 08 2016 04:24 PM
W
Walt K Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hello Bob,

Thank you for your response and suggestions on matching paint to items such as globes and signs. I was hoping that someone had gone through the matching process and was pleased with the end result and would share the paint info. I will follow your suggestion and will post the results.

I have seen many requests for paint info for different pump applications and it might be of value to have an accessible collection of information on this site provided by members who have gone through the process. I have tried searching the archives to find previous posts for paint info, however unless the title of the individual posts references paint colors, I have found it to be difficult at best.

Just some thoughts to help make the experience of painting a newly restored pump for those that need this type of assistance readily available and more fun.

Walt K

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved