Next Thread
Print Thread
#59813 Wed Nov 12 2003 07:14 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I have found a Bennett 155 that's in rough shape yet restorable. It contains all of the important pieces, a lot of rust but no smashed metal. This pump has the Veeder Root computer. The seller and I have reached a price of $500.00 . What do you smart guys think? Freight is a "non issue" because it's 1 hour from my house. THANKS again!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Make sure you look it over carefully. Not many parts made for this pump. Lots of trim pieces on it and does it have the globe holder for a "shoebox" globe? Point out that a globe for it would be hard to find and "look at this dent". Try to talk him down a little more. If nothing major is missing and the sheet metal is repairable, I'd go for it. Nice pump.

G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
THANKS for your help!

B
B
I have a couple of 155's now that I'm looking for parts for now and I'd be interested in that pump for 500.00 to me that's a very good price if both face plates are there

G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks for the reply Bob, but here's 2 strikes; Strike 1 is the freight deal, Strike 2 is if I pay $500.00 for it I obviously couldn't sell it for $500.00. I saw this pump in the dark with a sorry flashlight. Both face plates were there but, as with the entire pump, it's in fairly rough shape. I do however appreciate your interest!

B
B
all sheetmetal for this pump are flat piece's , so don't let that scare you but if the trim is missing it's another problem.I've been looking for the face plate's(not bezel's)for quite awhile and haven't even seen one for sale.Both of my pumps are the cash recorder type and I think they are one of the coolest pumps made.Do me a favor if you don't take it give me a chance.I'd probably have the parts that are good stripped and shipped

B
B
A correction on that, It would be considered the bezel's not face's

Its about darn time you started showing up on here Bob.

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Well, I picked up the Benett 155 today and there's a lot of chrome trim missing!! The frame & skins are rusted out prety bad but I can handle that, the chrome's go me worried though. I did manage to get the price of $500.00 down to $400.00. MY BIG QUESTION - does anyone have an idea regarding where in the heck I can find a shoe box globe? THANKS! gas pump freak

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved