Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#668075 Tue Oct 04 2016 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yesterday when I got home from work I got on ebay and ran across a pump on a buy it now. I really wanted the pump, it was a little more than I wanted to pay. It had or best offer but thought I could loose it if I went that rout so I hit the buy it now. Contacted the seller and talked about a few things. Every thing was good he was going to have the pump ready for the shipper and I would let him know when the arrangements were made. In one of his messages he said there was an angry ebayer that offered him more money (I thought oh no, I am not getting it) but he said he did not commit and I did so he was selling it to me. Until this morning when he called and said he was not going to sell it to me and cancel the auction. He said he was feeling sick about it and wanted to keep it in his collection. That is so F`ed up. I really wanted it. I know I already have two but could you picture them in a row. I was already trying to figure out what pump was going to get kicked out of the garage to put this one in. I was in a similar situation where I was offered three times what I sold something for if I canceled my auction. I refused and shipped to original buyer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAYNE-MODEL-60t-VINTAGE-GAS-PUMP-Shoebox-Globe-/172362742080?hash=item28219eb940:g:ecQAAOSw8gVX8oFV

item # 172362742080

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

RANDY
I saw that pump listed. I was debating buying it, but have been spending too much money lately so I passed. Sorry to hear about the botched deal, seems to be happening more and more.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Glad I didn't see it! I have been looking for one for a long time and probably would have hit the button and been in the same boat as you.
I once had a similar situation where I had sold a pump to another old gasser and 2 days later had a fellow walk into my shop and offer $500 more than the selling price! I simply called the old gasser that had bought it and asked if he wanted to sell, and he did! I took out the purchase price and sent him the profit, and he turned around and gave part of it back to me for my honesty! We were good friends then and still are! LOL

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I got some friends in PA. who can light a paper bag of dog poo on fire on his front porch for you..

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry to hear this Matt. That pump had your name written all over it. Some people are just plain spineless.

Have gas all the time
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That sucks, It is not just ebay. I sold a pump to Kevin F once here on oldgas and got an email from another member asking what it would take for him to "get" the pump instead.
His name will not be mentioned but he is off my list to ever deal with.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Man, that really stinks!! Yah, he's going to keep it now? My a$$ he is.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Done4
Sorry to hear this Matt. That pump had your name written all over it. Some people are just plain spineless.

x2 If I would have seen that auction, Kevin and Matt would have come to mind right away! Added this guy to my "do not deal with" List.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
If a man does not have his word he has nothing!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Man that sucks..... Sorry man...

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for the support. He is a member here that has been lurking for four years now with 20 posts.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
My assumption is that you hit the BIN button and you were the winning bidder. How could he not be obligated to sell the pump to you as you were the high bidder? Once you hit that button you were the high bidder, how can he cancel a auction after that?

Maybe I am missing something, but going back to ebay may not get you the pump, it may stop him from selling anything on eaby again.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I had a guy from pottsville pa do the same to me on a pump a few months ago, i assume you got his name ?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
i got a horn off e-bay,then the guy said it was lost and cancel the auction. i told him i would gave a lot more.wow he found it the next day, i guess you know whree i told him to stick it,ha.ha. Charley

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved