Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
this happens ALL the time and it totally sucks. seems to happen to me nearly once every 3-6 months.

sad part is, there is nothing you can do. and nothing to keep sellers from doing it.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It boils down to this:

Sometimes you kick..Sometimes you get kicked..

or

You cant win them all...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That bites Matt . I think some people just were not raised up right or just greedy . That would be a disappointing deal .

Last edited by 47reo-travis; Thu Oct 06 2016 01:48 PM. Reason: Spell

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That's INXS by the way..

S
S
Feel your pain, happened to me on a smaller scale. Here is what I was sent. I am sceptical of his reply.

"This is most likely the most difficult letter I will ever send on eBay. Mind you, I've been a user here since day one, and invented eBay's hit counters and services back in 1997, and this is a first for me. Nonetheless, I have fully refunded your payment for the FoMoCo can you purchased the other day. Simply put, I screwed this up totally. Not ten minutes before your offer, a gentelman in Iowa purchased two collectible newspapers from me. He too Has your same first name. So when I pulled the packing slip, I combined the orders. I have no idea why. I have no idea how. It literally is the first mistake of it's kind I've ever made. I did write the buyer of the newspapers, but as of this writing, I have yet to receive any reply via email or eBay."

I guess mistakes do happen ..................

Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
I made a mistake in shipping an oil can once. I somehow mixed up the shipping address. It had half of the can buyer and half of the buyer of another item. It was already in route before I figured it out. I told the buyer what happened and told him I would ship it to him after I got it back. The mixed up address did not exist so it would be returned. I offered his money back if he did not want to wait. There was a tracking number so we could see were it was but the buyer wanted a refund. When I did get it back I offered it to him before selling it to someone else.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Matt,
You have a fabulous collection and are one of the "good guys" in this hobby.I am sorry that this happened to you. I do believe that we are going to see more and more of this type of behavior as prices continue to rise...even from some Oldgassers.
I remember a heated discussion several(20+) years ago at Pheasant Run(Chicago Coin Op Show) between some jukebox collectors about a sour deal. Both are deceased now.
Just remember...it is all just stuff and someone else will have it when you are gone. People will remember you for your actions, not your "stuff".
Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Guys has two other pumps for sale. He didn't want to keep it for his collection, he knew what he was doing.

All the information I've compiled for Southwest Gulf ETA1 pumps:
http://1964buick.com/gas_pump/gas_pump.htm
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved