Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#668893 Thu Oct 13 2016 01:37 PM
Mike M. Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Since many of us love to vent on this site about poor service and questionable auctions and auction companies, I'm going to do so here about this company.

I Have to ask how the heck this company stays in business and gets top auctions, let alone why someone would use them??

The first auction I attended of hers was earlier this year and before I went I was warned by two different members here on how poor she runs an auction.....and she didn't disappoint me!

There were delays throughout the whole auction and The numbering system she uses makes it hard to even find anything let alone bid. And the best was that there were more than 3 occasions that people were bidding on the wrong item!

And then weeks later another member who has relatives nearby stopped in to see the guy who had the auction and a ton of stuff was still there. Now this is not because no one picked it up but more so that they had a whole lot of ghost/shill bidding at it's best going on.

The main reason I bring this up now is I see she is running another Advertising and car auction down in Georgia and anyone going needs to be warned of what's ahead!!!

So members here is the question, Have you attended one of Van Der Brink auctions and how did it go for you??

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Mike M. #668894 Thu Oct 13 2016 01:46 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Sounds lousy Mike!
I don't doubt what you say but have to ask why does this go on? With the shill bidding and items not being sold/won, who gains from this practice? Neither the auctioneer or owner right?

Mike M. #668898 Thu Oct 13 2016 03:08 PM
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
frown Thanks for the "Heads-Up." I was looking at a couple items. But it is so far away I usually pass. But I have been tempted. cry Ed.

Mike M. #668916 Thu Oct 13 2016 06:17 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
My dad and I have been to one of her auctions before. I agree about how bad the numbering is, she was skipping around a lot. She also would skip items and then not go back to it. The one item we were there for she forgot and she said just give me this amount and u can take it. Worked out good for us but probably bad for someone else.

Mike M. #668917 Thu Oct 13 2016 06:17 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
My dad and I have been to one of her auctions before. I agree about how bad the numbering is, she was skipping around a lot. She also would skip items and then not go back to it. The one item we were there for she forgot and she said just give me this amount and u can take it. Worked out good for us but probably bad for someone else.

Mike M. #669397 Tue Oct 18 2016 08:06 PM
Mike M. Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well just when you think this auction company couldn't mess up any more.....
Stolen signs from auction

I hope they catch this guy!

IMO,I just think when your out there advertising all over the country an auction your hosting to sell a collection that you might want to up the security of that collection.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Mike M. #669403 Tue Oct 18 2016 09:54 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Looks like there may be some buys on this. Anyone from here going?

Craig
Mike M. #669486 Wed Oct 19 2016 05:54 PM
S
S
I went to an estate auction in Minot last year. Make sure that you know what you are bidding on, some of the items were not what they were said to be. The cars sold for crazy money , but there were some deals on parts because people didn't what they were. Allow plenty of time to pay , their clerking was really slow

Mike M. #669599 Fri Oct 21 2016 04:13 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Her rant on Facebook was also top notch about the theft issue. Really enjoyed the way she handled that. I am sure the thief was reading her comments and hoping he could find a way out.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved