Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#669566 Thu Oct 20 2016 02:52 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have a complete set of 21" red plastic Texaco Letters and the two stars. They are about 3" thick.
They have been painted over at sometime in their life. The T and stars with red and the rest of the letters black. They have no chips cracks or any other damage other than the paint.
I have someone interested in them and have no idea of the value for the set. If possible a $$$ value range would help
I have attached pictures of the stars, the T and the X & O - all other letter are painted black like the X & O
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks, Jerry

stars.JPG t.JPG x.JPG o.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
If they have the mounting hardware I'd expect $250-350 if they have no cracks in any piece. Deduct about 25% for minor crack/chips 50% for major cracks/chips.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seems like plastic stars bring $75 to $100 each if in good condition. In looking at the T it seems part of it is glossy and some isn't. We're these sprayed with a shellac or something? To me that affects that value. Also, if the paint can come off the black painted ones, that is good. When Texaco went to Matawan style stations in the 60s they went to black letters, but I don't think they used this size and style of letters in black. Anyway I agree with the above estimate....if the letters are cleanable and have no cracks and chips.

Good to talk with you again, Jerry. My brother misses the "old" Texaconsign in the neighborhood. LOL

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the input, the T has a couple of coats of paint on it and some has pealed off. The black painted ones just have one coat of paint.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved