Print Thread
#671330 Mon Nov 07 2016 03:05 PM
B
BIGTOM Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
Hello all! Long time no nothing! I've got some value questions. I'm thinking about getting some signs restored at Van Kanells in SC... BUUUUUT, I want to make sure I'm not spending more than they're worth. I'm pretty sure the Dixie is worth getting restored as they're pretty popular and I've been told sought after. I also have a double sided 42" red crown gasoline sign and that's the one I'm worried about. I know there are differences in the artwork used on the sign, so please provide some guidance. I have a 9' Firestone sign, single sided, dated 1959, missing one grommet and extremely straight. All information is MUCH appreciated. I'll upload the Red Crown later.

Apparently I cannot figure out how to upload photos. I'll reeducate myself later today

Last edited by BIGTOM; Mon Nov 07 2016 03:37 PM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Use the oldgas google search at the bottom right of this page to read up here on restored signs. I know it comes up every so often and gets hashed around. Most people here aren't big fans of restoration. In most cases it is a really rare sign that one might never find another of, and they choose to restore one side to better enjoy it.

To each his own, and it's your sign/money. I personally wouldn't consider it on a Red Crown or Firestone sign, or Dixie for that matter. Enjoy it as it is, touch it up yourself (easily removed if desired), or sell it and buy one you like looking at as it is smile

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
In a nutshell, generally speaking; restoration costs would be more than what the resale value would be of the restored sign.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Might consider just doing one side.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved