Next Thread
Print Thread
#674747 Wed Dec 21 2016 03:38 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
I purchased a Wayne 70 gas pump not realizing that all of the door springs were broken. Never less I am in need for these springs (I believe there are 6) or I need back-up plan to get this door to hold shut. I believe these are the same springs that are on a Wayne 100. Please help if you can, Thank You Dan

Wayne 70 Door Hindge Spring.jpg
Last edited by Petro 2013; Wed Dec 21 2016 03:39 PM.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Hi Dan, My back up plan on Wayne 70 and Wayne 100 pumps is to remove these ill working door keepers. I instead find a middle point and drill in a cam lock hole. Be sure to drill it small where by you can file the edges flat to accept the lock and prevent it from turning. Usually a 3/4-7/8 lockset works with offset keeper. I have been doing this for years. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Thank you for the reply. Do you then remove the complete square bar and all 3 hooks and only use 1 cam-lock. Is this located near the lever. Do you have a picture of your fix or the lock you have used. Ty, Dan

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Dan, I remove all the springs and square rod. I use a cam lock for each door. Check out the Wayne 100 Dino on my site under For Sale...Pumps. You can see the cam lock in the door. I do not take pictures as a file on how to do something? Once I figure it out I have no need for pictures. You need to put your mind to this, as I did. You'll get it I'm sure? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Got it. I did not realize that the lock was visible from the front of the door, I was thinking you were doing this from inside the pump through the opening. How simple it seems now. Well I have the backup plan if the springs are not found or made. Thanks again Paul and Old-Gas

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved