Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62452 Mon Mar 26 2007 08:03 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I know this is coming up just don't know when...
The area use to be called Riverport Theater.
Anyway can't find any info and I think some of you guys set up there.
Would like to go if I haven't missed it.
When and where.
Thanks guys!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#62453 Mon Mar 26 2007 10:56 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
The swap meet is April 28 (sunday)sponsored by The St. Louis Model T Ford club. Rain or shine. sun up till we can shoo everybody out in the afternoon. Vendor placement usually between 5 and 6 am. I'm not sure if spaces are available, typically we are totally sold out by now. 1200 spaces and lots of good junk I mean treasures.
usually a little petro more in the last few years.
Look for me I'll be sportin an oldgas T shirt under my lime green security vest.

Oh and part of my security duty is that all petro related sales have to be oked by me.
Can't just let anyone buy something that may need to be liberated to my collection ;^)

John

#62454 Mon Mar 26 2007 11:45 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks John...
I'll be there....
looking for pumps, soda machines,
coolers and Stoner candy machines.

#62455 Mon Mar 26 2007 01:07 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
John,
Did you know I was the one that started the Model T Ford Swap Meet. Actually, in the 1960s, I petitioned the Model T Ford Club of American, to start a St. Louis chapter. I still have the a copy of the letter I sent them.
They came back with a letter letting me know there was a club already. The guys were mostly from the Florissant area and they met in a Sinclair station owned by one of the members. I quickly joined since I was restoring a Model TT truck.
After a few meeting, I asked why didn't we expand the club by asking other Model T owners to join. They said I was in charge. I knew a motel owner who owned a Model T, and he let me have a meeting room for the get together. At my own expense I sent out letters to all the Model T owners I knew, inviting them to the meeting.
One even came in his Model T, and the club on one day grew from about 10 members to almost 40 members.
A short time later, I made another mistake, I asked why didn't we have a swap meet. Again I was put in charge. Not many people remember that it was held at the Ford Plant in Hazelwood, and was jointly sponsored by one of the Model A Ford Clubs. I did most of the work, the meeting were held in my basement and I arranged for everything.
As far as a swap meet goes, we or I probably made every mistake that could be made, but for some reason it survived and grew.
Long gone from the Ts, I still go over and look one over when I see one.
Next to the Hoosher show in Indianapolis, the Model T Ford Swap meet is probably one of the longest running swap meets in the mid-west.
Good luck to all you T owners, I'll try and make the meet.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and Air Meter Identification book

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#62456 Wed Mar 28 2007 06:34 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Can i get better directions to the swap meet? Coming in on 61South to Wentzville. Thanks,Pat

#62457 Thu Mar 29 2007 05:16 PM
Hi Pat,

In Wentzville, turn east on I-70 and exit south at Earth City 231A after the bridge over the Missouri River. When you see traffic lining up, it's probably for the swap meet. Just get in line. LOL

The address of the venue is:
14141 Riverport Drive
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
You can put that into one of the online map services to print a map.

Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis is located one mile west of the I-270 and I-70 interchange at I-70 and Earth City Expressway South (exit 231A).

From I-64 (U.S. 40):
Take 40 East or West to I-270 North to I-70 West. Exit at Earth City Expressway South (exit 231A). Turn right at first entrance, Riverport Drive North.

From I-44:
East or West to I-270 North to I-70 West. Exit at Earth City Expressway South (exit 231A). Turn right at first entrance, Riverport Drive North.

From I-55:
North or South to I-270 North to I-70 West. Exit at Earth City Expressway South (exit 231A). Turn right at first entrance, Riverport Drive North.

From I-70:
East or West to Earth City Expressway South. Turn right at first entrance, Riverport Drive North.

From I-270:
North or South to I-70 West. Exit at Earth City Expressway South (exit 231A). Turn right at first entrance, Riverport Drive North.

From Hwy 370:
East or West to Earth City Expressway. Turn right Riverport Drive North.

From Hwy 141:
North to Olive East, Left on Creve Couer Mill Rd. to Maryland Heights Expressway (North). Maryland Heights Expressway will lead directly into Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis.

From Hwy 364 (Page Avenue Extension):
Take Page Avenue to the Maryland Heights Expressway (North). Maryland Heights Expressway will lead directly into Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis.

I'll be there as a buyer. I'm not setting up as a vendor this year. My calendar says Sunday, April 29. This is a huge cars and parts swap meet. Some petro may be lurking between car vendors. Our mission is to find it. I'll be wearing my Oldgas.com shirt. Say "Hi" if you see me.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#62458 Thu Mar 29 2007 06:59 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
In other worDs,my wife is telling me right next to Harrahs,so she will come with me. Thanks for the info,Pat

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved