Next Thread
Print Thread
#62471 Wed Jun 02 2004 10:39 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
I finally did something today I have been meaning to do for awhile. It is a good idea if you guys haven't already done it. I ran copies all the posts about repos so I can put them in a folder and carry them around when I go places looking for stuff. You will have info and pics of some of the stuff out there. You will need to go to the "last year" thingy to get more then one to show up.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#62472 Wed Jun 02 2004 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gary ....What an OUTSTANDING idea...awesome thinking man..Thanks for sharing.

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#62473 Thu Jun 03 2004 03:08 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Good Idea Gary.

Chris Holt
#62474 Fri Jun 04 2004 08:31 AM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Is there any way to make a "chart" with all that info(buy oil company) and have a description of what to look out for on repo signs, etc.?

This would be static on the repo section and everyone could refererence it on that page.

It would beat having to go read several seperate posts about each particular sign

My .02
Mark

#62475 Fri Jun 04 2004 12:42 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
What would be real cool is if someone could make a book on repo signs with pics... I would sign up for one.. Rpm

#62476 Fri Jun 04 2004 02:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As prices continue to escalate we'll see more unmarked repro's. I think its important that we try to keep on top of whats being or has been made.
Dennis, A book would be outdated before it was ever printed. Thats where we have an advantage. We could add info as it becomes available.

I'd like to see a Repro Of The Week feature in the repro forum. The host could tell us how to determine if a certain sign, globe, can, was a repro. If possible they could post pictures of the repro and an original to better show the differences.

Like Mark,I think a repro album or chart would be a good idea. It's probably do-able but it would be alot of work for someone. It would also require more resources for the site. Someone would have to figure out how to pay for it. It's easy to spend someone elses money. Its only fair to Jim that we figure out a way to pay for it.

Anyone want to volunteer to do any of this? If so drop Jim an email and see what he thinks. I sure wouldn't want to ask any of the guys that are already hosting a feature.
Bob

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 06-04-2004).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved