Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
OK, first off, I restored this pump maybe 12-15 years ago. It was in this condition on a pad with one bolt in one of the holes. I lived in Nevada and we got winds so strong that it blew this pump over.

When it hit the ground the top, which has the double bump outs for bulbs, broke and a hunk fell out. It was sitting at the end of my 150 yard driveway and somebody actually pulled up, looked at it and stolen the small hunk that fell out.

Fast forward. Im now living on 175 acres in Idaho and have a gas island that I poured in front of my shop last year.

I still have this pump which is heavily damaged and I think I found another pump, a wayne which is also missing parts/ a top so Im going to try and get my island up and done.

I restored this pump long ago and put a wayne decal on it. I cant seem to find any ID on it and I put a new skin on it way back when.

Im trying to find a way to fix/ fill the top as it looks like hell. Or see if they make one. But this top is extremely heavy and thick cast.

any ideas?

gaspumpredUntitled-1[1].jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
The pump looks like a Tokheim 500 to me? Find a good welder in your area. These guys, if good, can cut in a piece of steel to fill the void. Then you can use body filler to blend for painting. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

L
LAWFISH Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Originally Posted By gasmansgp
The pump looks like a Tokheim 500 to me? Find a good welder in your area. These guys, if good, can cut in a piece of steel to fill the void. Then you can use body filler to blend for painting. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

I cant find any pump tops that look like this. I see that some tolkheims have the double light bump outs on each side but they look different like tgere are light shields hanging lower on them.

As far as welding I tried with my Mig which does not work on the cast metal. I guess you can weld on cast but not with y mig.

Dave

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Your pump looks like a Tokheim 500/505. That top is cast iron and very heavy. I would maybe contact Ron Scobie and see if you could have one cast? Kent.

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Dave, That was why I mentioned a professional welder. Those guys can weld cast iron quite easily. Then you can fill and bland. Tokheim 500 series pumps did not have the light shade that hung down. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved