Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bettin Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
This month's issue of PCM magazine features the Dennis Leith collection which is probably one of the finest collections in the world.
I'm sure if there are CA readers who know Dennis, they can attest to both the quality of collection and individual.

If you don't already subscribe to PCM, you should. Contact them for a subscription starting with the January (this Month's) issue as it features many, many photos of items you just do not see at shows, and probably the finest Gilmore collection, amoung other CA brands.

The magazine costs $35.95 per year for 12 monthly magazines and subscription requests can be directed to:

PCM Inc.
P.O. Box 556
LaGrange, OH 44050-0556

or subscribe through the PCM website: http://www.pcmpublishing.com/

or contact Scott Benjamin at scottpcm@aol.com

We took about 100 photos of the Dennis Leith collection, and just a sampling of pics follow.

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 01-06-2008).]

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Ron I get the magazine & cant wait for the next month. Dennis has one killer collection. I hope to see it one day. I am sure pictures do it no justice at all.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I haven't seen Dennis' collection in a few years, good excuse to head to SoCal!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ron
I enjoy all the pictures of shows and collections you take pictures of and are posted in the PCM magazine. They make the magazine better.

Thanks

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Ron,

I want to second Wes' comments. Your collector profiles and show/event coverage are excellent articles. My father and I really look forward to those features each month.

Thanks,
Jim Patton

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I just signed up for PCM. I love to see collections like this. AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Is all I can say just AWESOME!!!

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I read the article in PCM and it just made me want to take my meager collection to the dump! Completely awesome collection with a nice balance of globes, signs, and cans. Thanks for posting the images on here Ron.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Vern, send whatever you want to take to the dump to me. I've seen ALOT of killer collections over the last 15+ years. My collection pales in comparison, who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take pride in whatever you collect. Everytime I walk into my shop I LOVE what I've collected!! The stories, people (like you!!! ), luck, whatever, ENJOY it!!!!!!

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
We owe Ron a lot of thanks for the wonderful pictures and stories he's added to PCM this past year. It's made a big difference and made the magazine much more enjoyable

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would say Scott owes him....seems everybody but Scott contibutes to the magazine....mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
sweet stuff

Sarcasm Is Just One More Free Service I Offer !
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
I disagree with minutman. How many magazines to you receive where the publisher contributes diddly. Scott kept the magazine going from the begining when we were all left out in the cold from Tiger Test and Check the Oil was less then relaiable. Scott stepped up and brought us something to enjoy. Don't be so quick to criticize him

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with Ray. Scott does do alot for the magazine and writes alot of the articles in there. It is good business for him to get other peoples points of view to keep the magazine "fresh". Ron does an excellent job with the pics and articles. I may not agree with every opinion or person writing it, but that does not mean I don't keep an open mind either. Keep up the good work Ron.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Scott handles the Repro Alert, New Discoveries, and Globe articles.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Back to the original point, Dennis lives about 10 miles from me. I bought a globe from him on e-bay about 2 years ago, and picked it up at his house. Dennis is a super guy, and he spent about 2 hours with me telling the story about where he picked up one or another of his signs or globes. I was familiar with most of his globes, but had never seen some of the rare ones in person. I never knew that some of the signs he has even existed. A few additional shots:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved