Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is a link to the Wisconsin Historical Society archives to search for images. Some great old gas station images are available by putting "service station" or a gas brand, such as "Wadhams" or "Texaco" in the keyword Search Form . Thanks to Judy at the Oil History email discussion group for the link. A cool sample photo:

"Fuel station attendant pumping gas from an International DR-60 Mobiloil fuel truck at Wadhams Oil Company. The gas station is built in a Chinese style architecture. The truck, which has a 179" wheelbase, has a FBB 401 engine and a 1600 gallon capacity fuel tank. 1939"

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
JIM, THAT HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE COOLEST SERVICE STATION DELIVERY TRUCK PHOTOS I HAVE EVER SEEN! SERIOUSLY, I WOULD TO HAVE THAT STREAM LINED TANKER AS AN EVERYDAY DRIVER! AWESUM! THANKS FOR SHARING!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm with Doc, that truck is "crunk". I wonder if one of those survived the years?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Ford Museum in Mi. has a "Texaco" Streamline tanker. A chrysler "air flow".. Very nice! I actually saw one of these for sale at the Pomona Auto Swap many years ago. It was in pretty bad shape, but restorable. I don't remember what they were asking, but if it would have been anywhere near reasonable, I'd have owned it. So, they are out there.

[This message has been edited by oltoydoc@pacbell.net (edited 03-15-2006).]

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like the site,the photos are interesting and a look into our slower paced past. As stated in other threads, I too, would like to "tool" around in that rig, would be great for parades and summer shows. Or just to have next to a small gas station. Thanks for the link.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Heck I live here and didn't know about that site!Thanks for the info.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
As I wipe the drool off my chin... (Flipping lower lip with right index finger--bub, bub, bub) That is quite a truck to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

Dave Folck

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved