Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#694779 Mon Sep 18 2017 05:24 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I came across this blog site when searching for info on the attached pump that I acquired this past weekend.

It is in decent shape with one small dent in the top just over the sight glass on one side that I think I can pull out.

Looking at various pictures, I think it is a 904 or 906. I have only taken the two doors off but have not found any ID tags or numbers. The only number is on the reset bezel under the crank, 55465, which might just be the part number for the bezel.

It has the hose retract cable hooked to a sliding weight and the two hose rub rail rods.

Any idea which model? Year?
Where to look further for ID?

I'll need to get a manual at some point.

I work on older wood boats and would like to restore it as a marine gasoline pump. Does anyone have anything that would be appropriate? (decals, globes, etc.) I did see a picture of a Gilbarco seahorse on a pump face but it was not clear when I enlarged it. Does anyone have a clear picture of this Marine version of the Gilbarco face plate or sell repros?

Thanks for any help you can offer as I start on the project pump.

01717_hgEUB7kItw4_1200x900.jpg 00j0j_jeySnCWyAqZ_1200x900.jpg 00t0t_7seZvKa4Yp_1200x900.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
OP Offline
T
looking at the hose connection; Maybe it's a 992? Year for those?
thx

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Circa 1950's, Gilbarco 900 series. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What Paul said-late 40s -mid 50s. Lots of parts available for those . Up to the right of this page , click on "Parts" Lots of vendors to choose from, a page will appear. Gas pump heaven has a user friendly (imo) sight for identifying and sorting which parts are needed. Seems like Mike Slama has quite a few nautical themed decals and globes....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I appears to be a 994. The 992 does not have the retract cable. The model number should be on the bezel behind the reset crank.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks guys. I'll look for a 994 parts manual and go from there.

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Jack Sims. He's the guru.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
First the name is Jack Sim, not Sims.

I agree with Matt, your pump is a 994, and the 55465 tells me your pump was born in 1951. As someone mentioned above, put your nose very close the the round thing around the reset handle, and the 994 should be stamped in the bezel. You are missing a number of parts so here are some pictures of the pump to help you in your search. http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gb%20992.htm

Be sure to click on the pictures for a larger view.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
T
OP Offline
T
Hi Jack,

I sent you an email this morning; would like to purchase a manual for the 994 and a couple of nice ads for it if they are still available. Let me know by responding to the email when you can.

Thank you,
Eric

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved