Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#697335 Tue Oct 24 2017 08:59 AM
V
OP Offline
V
Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some help on identifying this pump or the bastardized version of what it used to be. It's got almost all of the guts, came from a VA farm and was used to pump diesel. Looks like they removed the sight glass internal piping. The chrome data plate says model 96 with a serial number but looking at the handle and its weathering, I would say the data plate is not original. What's your take on what model pump this is?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

IMG_1555.JPG IMG_1556.JPG IMG_1554.JPG IMG_1553.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
V
OP Offline
V
More pics, also the black on the face plates looks like the face plates from another pump or original?

IMG_1616.JPG IMG_1613.JPG IMG_1612.JPG IMG_1614.JPG
Last edited by Venomizd93; Tue Oct 24 2017 09:04 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
During the life of these pumps many parts were interchanged as repair efforts were focused solely on making the unit functional. I believe the 996 has two stainless strips, one above and one below the window face. The hose outlet cover is definitely for a 994 and not a 996. The 96 model had an internal, face mounted, site glass and a much lower house outlet and I think were tall pumps but I could be wrong about the height. Can't explain the ID so I'm voting that its a 994.

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Looks like 96B sides and top that has been cut to fit on the 996. Richard

V
OP Offline
V
Yeah, looking at pics of both pumps, it looks like 996 doors and 96B sides. Can you tell anything from the pics inside, lol, even though they aren't the best. The one pic is the light assembly up top. I'm interested in which model it may have been originally.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Just click on this page of my website, then on any of the Model numbers listed above. They will give you some pictures you can compare to your pump.

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gilbarco%20pumps.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved