Print Thread
#697855 Tue Oct 31 2017 08:09 AM
W
wocopep Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Got a sign this weekend with a price sticker stuck to the face of the sign. I dont normally buy a tin sign with something stuck to it but this was a sign I have been looking for. I explained to the seller why you dont do this but it was already on the sign, so I took a chance. The sticker came off after alot of work Then the adhesive had to be removed. I used Goo Gone with great success but there is a faint, pink circle now on the sign. Please remember not to put price stickers or tape to the face of tin signs as the paint could pull off or the finish could be marred or changed due to the adhesive.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
D
I agree David....sellers should always be cognizant of the damage price stickers can inflict on items, even those as "durable" as painted tin.

Being a paper collector I run into this alot, unfortunately. Many times I will just pass on the item, but if it's something I'm really interested in, I will ask the clerk to try and remove the sticker before I will purchase the item. If it comes off, I'll buy it, if not, I pass and tell them better ways of pricing their items. You can always bag it or wrap it, and price it that way, or price on the back, or where it won't hurt anything. Don't get me going on pricing paper items with ink pens, lol!!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This always chaps my hide. I did the same thing with an oil can at an antique store. I told them if they could get the sticker off without leaving a mark I'd buy it. It took them a while but they did it. I've seen paper products with stickers on them and it just amazes me

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved