Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#701186 Mon Dec 25 2017 10:00 AM
OP Offline
https://youtu.be/tu_KeUPjSSs

Ok so this may have been covered once or twice before but I thought I was told that tokheim went out of business in 2005 but yet I have found that tokheim is still very much alive and kicking in Europe sence 1995. Are these the same tokheim company or two separate companies just using the same name? Above is a link to where I draw my question from.

Last edited by Kaiserjeepm51; Mon Dec 25 2017 10:01 AM.

Where Liberty Dewells, There Is My County.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If anyone has a copy of my 2nd Edition of the Gas Pump book check out the Company Histories section in the front of the book. Kidding around I always said my book has always been treated like a copy of Playboy, the guys went to the pictures first.

If you look up Tokheim you will find a history of when they went out of business. In case you don't have a copy, here is your answer:

In 2002, Tokheim closed and filed bankruptcy. Tokheim Corp.'s international assets and subsidiaries were acquired by Tokheim S.A.S. Tokheim S.A.S. was acquired by COGNETAS previously named Electra Partners Europe. Tokheim pumps are now made in France and Scotland. The right to make parts for existing pumps was purchased by the Dresser-Wayne Co. and Gasboy was purchased by Danaher (Gilbarco).

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
OP Offline
Thanks jack for clearing all of that up for me.

Where Liberty Dewells, There Is My County.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Over the years I visited Tokheim a couple of times before they closed. In each of their buildings they had restored Tokheim items. A small group of guys from Ft. Wayne who I knew were able to purchase all of the pumps, etc. They are on display at the ACD (Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg) museum in Auburn, Indiana.
The guys were also able to get all the paper (catalogs, parts manuals, and the logs that were created as the pumps came off the line). Presently I don't know where they are being preserved.
When it comes to very old Tokheim pumps, there is no printed record as to what year they were made, this is what these logs have in them, but there are 100s of them. Too much for anyone to try and find a particular date.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved