Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Originally Posted by bsplichal95
Keithia, I agree!! Wow this is great!! I love it, its so easy to navigate! Thank you Jim!

Thanks for the kind words, Braden. I enjoy the effort I put in, knowing that a lot of enthusiasts appreciate it. This site is only as good as the people make it who participate in sharing pictures, knowledge and the fun of the hobby. Thanks to all who make this site what it is.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Hi again, Jim. I also should have noted earlier how nifty it is to have the updated software show me the headlines of threads that are new since I last logged on in bold type. That makes browsing the various forums a lot quicker and more efficient for me. Thanks again for all your effort to improve the Old Gas "experience". John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,

My 'Petroliana News' thread still displays in the old format on my phone. So I checked my computer and it was the same.

I just wanted to make you aware, unless there is something wrong on my end.

-Steve

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Steve, we are delivering the Petroliana News forum with the new upgraded software. Sometimes web content is cached by Internet service providers or on local computers. On a computer, hold down your "Shift" key and click the circle-arrow icon on your browser to do a forced reload to bypass the cache.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,

I finally got around to trying this and unfortunately it did not work. I tried doing it on the petroliana news page and when on a different page. I also deleted all history including cached data and files and it is still in the old format. Not a big deal, it just looks different than the other pages.

-Steve

Here is a screenshot...

screenshot.PNG
Last edited by Speedracer; Fri Feb 16 2018 12:41 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
R
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Speedracer
Jim,

I finally got around to trying this and unfortunately it did not work. I tried doing it on the petroliana news page and when on a different page. I also deleted all history including cached data and files and it is still in the old format. Not a big deal, it just looks different than the other pages.

-Steve

Here is a screenshot...

Yeah, I see the same thing on both my computers, one is IE and the other is Edge. It is just that section only. I agree with Steve, not a big deal, just different than the rest of the site.

Randy
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
The style of forum is controlled by the choices shown at the bottom of the page and also in your "Preferences"

Look at the bottom of the page to see how the style choice is set. It will be just above the Google Custom Search box near the bottom of the page.
If the style box says, "ubbthreads stock" that is the classic old style, click on that to change it to what you prefer.

"UBBCentral Zen" is the default style, but you can choose any style you prefer

style-show-hide.jpg
Style choice menu. Click to see more choices.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The top of my page looks the same as Speedracer's screenshot above. Is that what it's supposed to look like? Looks like you should be able to scroll down, but unable to do?

Thanks

Last edited by nebrgas; Fri Feb 16 2018 09:32 AM.

Dave
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Since the upgrade I been looking for the ebay magnifying glass icon box. It was at bottom of every page now I have to click on auction page. Didn't get it back till yesterday due to having a ad blocker running on that page. Any one still have the box at bottom of forum pages let me know ,maybe I have more work to do.
Maybe this will help others that is computer challenged as I. Small price to pay for the upgrades ,thanks Jim.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
R
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Oldgas
The style of forum is controlled by the choices shown at the bottom of the page and also in your "Preferences"

Look at the bottom of the page to see how the style choice is set. It will be just above the Google Custom Search box near the bottom of the page.
If the style box says, "ubbthreads stock" that is the classic old style, click on that to change it to what you prefer.

"UBBCentral Zen" is the default style, but you can choose any style you prefer

Jim,

I just double checked and everything is as you say it should be and I still see the old style in that section. The rest of the site is fine, it is just this one section no matter what machine or browser I use. I am using the default selections as you suggest.

Randy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim and others with the same issue,

To fix the screen from the old to the new look (if one of your topics is stuck in the old format), it had to do with the "UBBCentral - Zen" setting, like Jim mentioned. This setting was already displayed at the bottom, but I still had the old style theme displayed on my "Petroliana News" page.

To change it, I simply switched to "UBBCentral - Mocha" (any of them will probably work, just pick one) and then back to "UBBCentral - Zen".

Bingo - all fixed, in the new format. (and it fixes all devices that you visit the site with, when logged in - e.g. it fixed my phone view also)

Hope this helps others,
Steve

And I agree with Loyd, these are all small peanuts compared to the great new format and look of the site. GREAT JOB JIM and thanks for the help!!

Last edited by Speedracer; Fri Feb 16 2018 03:20 PM.

Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Thanks, Steve, for that workaround fix. Sometimes computers do things that don't make human sense. Glad it worked out for you.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Originally Posted by Loyd Pierce
Since the upgrade I been looking for the ebay magnifying glass icon box. It was at bottom of every page now I have to click on auction page. Didn't get it back till yesterday due to having a ad blocker running on that page. Any one still have the box at bottom of forum pages let me know ,maybe I have more work to do.
Maybe this will help others that is computer challenged as I. Small price to pay for the upgrades ,thanks Jim.

Loyd,
The eBay searchbox that is called by clicking the magnifying glass icon is an older technology that clashes with the new forum upgrade software. Since it can no longer appear on forum pages, it is now only shown on our eBay Auction Watch page:
http://www.oldgas.com/ebaystatus.html

The eBay searchbox is vital for the financial health of this site. Members use it to look up items and bid on them, really helping pay the bills for Oldgas.com. Thanks! But eBay has not been helpful in updating the searchbox code to be dependable and compatible. I'll continue to look for solutions for this.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
R
Jim and others with the same issue,

To fix the screen from the old to the new look (if one of your topics is stuck in the old format), it had to do with the "UBBCentral - Zen" setting, like Jim mentioned. This setting was already displayed at the bottom, but I still had the old style theme displayed on my "Petroliana News" page.

To change it, I simply switched to "UBBCentral - Mocha" (any of them will probably work, just pick one) and then back to "UBBCentral - Zen".

Bingo - all fixed, in the new format. (and it fixes all devices that you visit the site with, when logged in - e.g. it fixed my phone view also)

Hope this helps others,
Steve

And I agree with Loyd, these are all small peanuts compared to the great new format and look of the site. GREAT JOB JIM and thanks for the help!!

Thanks Steve. I missed this little detail the first time. I am good go now.

And yes, A big THANK YOU to Jim and all that he does to make this place so great!

Randy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by Oldgas
Jim, I know you are still tweaking the upgrade. Just curious if there is a way to edit pictures and make them smaller, if we want to. And is there a way to turn them 90 degrees if they are sideways.
-Steve

Steve,

Click on a large picture and it should popup in a new smaller overlay window. The popup window has a rotate button to temporarily rotate a sideways photo.

Still learning and working on the options in the new software.

Jim,

I was just wondering if you found a way to turn photos 90 degrees yet, PRIOR to posting them (in case they come out wrong in a post and I want to go back and edit them). I posted a can for sale and the pictures came out sideways, even though they are correct in my windows explorer folder. So I "over-rotated" them by 90 degrees in my windows explorer just to see if they would come out correct, and they still came out sitting on the same side??

Just wondering if there is a way to rotate yet.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Feb 18 2018 11:58 PM.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved