Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#706847 Mon Mar 26 2018 08:51 AM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Good morning everyone,

Cool and damp here with rain on the way later. Not working in the garden today, but I started a new project last week. We were given 145 iris flower plants. I couldn't pass up the deal because they were free, right? But it's turned into a bigger project. Decided to plant them in a 32' arc in front of an existing flower bed. But it would look better with a nice border edging, right? And I had some left over landscape timbers. So I cut the timbers into 8" sections to be placed vertically. Figured I needed to attach them together to make the edging stable. And to trim grass easily, how about setting a row of bricks along the grass side of the edging? Now I've taken something free and turned into a real project that wasn't on the agenda. Got the plants in and the curved part of the border edging. Too wet now to do anything so I get a break.

Have a great Monday out there in Oldgasland!

IMG_20180317_115033.jpg IMG_20180320_155548.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MORNING ALL,
Cool Monday here but we still have lots o snow on the ground so that's expected I guess. No rain for a few days but still not great out. Would like to be able to do something outside but the weather wont break here. Hope all have a great day...

Got Socony???

Tom
Good morning gang. Looks like we picked up a little snow this morning. It is supposed to be close to 50 tomorrow, I am looking forward to spring.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice detail Jim, isn't funny how free stuff isn't so free and end up more work then we expected. Lucky for me I don't get that much free stuff.

Have gas all the time
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hello All,
In the low 40's so far today, but that wind is still a blowin from yesterday. I was out on sales calls for work this morning and got pushed to the side of the road a couple times, lol.
Have a good Monday everyone,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just checkin' in from Colorado. Got some wet weather coming for a few days and that's okay, we need it..

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Was windy and cool today down here on the Gulf coast. The spring breakers are a little disgruntled due to the beaches being mostly closed due to dangerous rip currents today. Sadly a boy drowned today around Fort Morgan in the surf. Forecast is for more of the same tomorrow so hope everyone heeds the warnings. We are heading back to Missouri in a day or two so hope the rain and storms there blow through there and some nice weather follows so I can go pick up the pumps I bought before I left. Jim, you know those Iris' are forever right? My mother-in-law is always wanting to give some away as they spread across her yard!...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved