Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#707410 Tue Apr 03 2018 08:13 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Good Morning peeps,

Hope ya'll are having a super day. we are in for a bit of everything here this week warm,cold, snow and rain Awesome. Gotta love spring in upstate NY.

girl pump.jpg

Got Socony???

Tom
nochevys #707412 Tue Apr 03 2018 08:17 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hi Tom, all...
Funny picture, lol! Hope the nozzle was clean!

Cold and light rain here in Hillsdale this morning.....They are calling for the rain to mix with snow, it sure feels like it will.
Have a good day,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
DWSheffer #707414 Tue Apr 03 2018 08:42 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Good morning from NE Wis. Been snowing since last nite and forecasted to end tomorrow morning, not nice. I make maple syrup every spring and am now 2 weeks behind normal start time. Mother Nature is not being good this year and haven't made a drop yet. Am also into the 6th month of snow on the ground and thinking about a warmer climate to live in. Western Oregon sure was nice.......... Anyone know if Doc is still on here? He had good pic's too. Terry

nochevys #707416 Tue Apr 03 2018 08:51 AM
Good morning everybody!

I sure wish spring would bear its head. The ski hill has announced that it is going to stay open through the 8th. I think that is the first time that has happened. It looks like we dodged the last hit of snow again last night. Hopefully that trend will continue, even though it looks like my cabin was hit again with a fair amount of it.

I need to get out to the cabin and replace the floor beams with some LVL's. I was wanting to wait until it warmed up a bit. Have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

nochevys #707417 Tue Apr 03 2018 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good morning everyone. Cool pic, I think someone had too much free time on their hands.

Overcast and cold here and more to come. Oh joy! With the weather being what it has been I think today I will not work on my pump because that is all I have been doing and it's starting to feel like a job and that ain't good. So I'm just going to clean the shop. How sad is that!

Have a great day everyone and stay warm and safe.

Have gas all the time
nochevys #707420 Tue Apr 03 2018 09:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Light rain and 60s now with storms coming later. Possibly hail.

Here's a pic of my favorite shortcut into town. Valley Lane fords the same creek three times. This is the shallowest. The third one can sweep a car away in a rain. Yes, I go a different way when it rains.

Have a great Tuesday out there in Oldgasland

IMG_20180402_144117.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
nochevys #707421 Tue Apr 03 2018 09:24 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning all, 80 degrees and overcast--- major rain and wind coming from our northwest tonight so Jim will get it if its not there.. Will struggle to get up in the low 50s Wednesday. Our weather seems to bounce around like a rubber ball.
My wife called and changed our tax appointment to Thursday so I guess I have more work to do.Bah hum bug.
Just seen Jim posted in front of me, not there yet. They are talking Tn. may be tornado alley tonight hope they miss that prediction. Weather channels really get overly excited around here block all TV shows and its full bore weather channel from start to finish.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL.

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Tue Apr 03 2018 10:26 AM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
nochevys #707433 Tue Apr 03 2018 01:33 PM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Checking in. Nice day here, high's will be in the high 50's. Terry if you like western Oregon try NE Oregon or SE Washington. Not as much rain and we get all four seasons. The snow usually melts off after a couple of days. Been planting the garden, we should see our last frost by the first of May. Working on a Tokheim visible. Richard

nochevys #707436 Tue Apr 03 2018 02:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Afternoon all! North Dakota is still in the grips of winter! Temps are running in the mid 20's and there is still 3 feet of ice on the lake. I can't remember this ever happening before in my lifetime? Must be the global warming! LOL It will be interesting to see just what happens going into this spring. So far , everything has been backed up about 2 weeks and the end isn't in sight yet!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
nochevys #707437 Tue Apr 03 2018 02:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good Tuesday afternoon all. I found one of those Wayne pumps like the one in Tom's picture the other day but didn't buy it. I wonder if my wife would pose for a picture like that if i got it and restored it?....Yeah, right! Anyway, it started out in the mid 60's and felt like spring this morning here but the front made it through around noon and the temp dropped from 69 to 49 in fifteen minutes with a 35mph northwest wind. Freeze warning out for tonight with lows in the twenties but supposed to hit almost sixty again tomorrow so it should be short lived. So much for getting some mowing done today. I have more than enough to do in the shop so I didn't really mind not having to hook up the tractor and mow. I always hate mowing the first time in the spring, then it's every week from then to fall, but I'm ready for warm weather so I will take some mowing to get it I guess. I started taking my G&B 176 Skelly visible apart yesterday and have it mostly disassembled except for the top. I have never done a visible before so I am a little nervous about getting the jar loose and off of the base. It is the original blue cylinder with not a single blemish so I hope I can keep it that way. I will go slow and hope for the best I guess. Have a good one everybody....GB

nochevys #707449 Tue Apr 03 2018 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Warm, cool, rain, wind, cold,,snow, repeat--Maryland's weather this Spring. Crazy. And oh yeah, my schnoz is telling me its the start to pollen time.

Took the car to the shop for it's 10,000 maintenance and when Bob and I drove off in our Ranger, the gas gauge went to below E and the lit up gas pump icon came on, on the way to get my allergy shots. Went to the gas station and got all of 1 gallon in!!! The light stayed on, until the trip back to the shop, and it went to uber full. Bob said when he drove it home it went to below E again. Sigh--I see another $$$ repair bill coming up.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved