Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Project Car auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
The thermometer is 39"x8" wondering if it is repro or original tin. I was researching and saw variations all claiming to be original. I also read the threads on here about them and still not sure. I do notice some say at the bottom "TAYLOR", "Tru temp", "made in USA"(mine) and some nothing. some also only go up to 110 not 130. One thread here said if repro wood on back would be plywood and thermometer itself would be around 12" not 14" Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_3847resize.JPG IMG_3848resize.JPG IMG_3849resize.JPG

Vintage car restorer/collector with a love for all things old.. Too many toys never enough room.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've always felt the white backed ones are the newest. I'm not sure if they are reproductions or reissues....

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Not sure if this helps or not .I have a mail pouch thermometer that looks almost the same as yours ,except mine is a darker blue the back is lime green the temp goes up to 120 degrees the thermometer is 13 inches long . There is no makers mark only the numbers 123 at the bottom of the thermometer tube. I bought it at a local antique shop, I could tell it had been outside for some time, so I assumed it was real. But I am no expert ! OH and mine is solid wood on back that is 16 inches long.

Last edited by Tunk-Z28; Sun Apr 15 2018 11:54 AM. Reason: mistake
S
S
lots on ebay for sale compare there

OP Offline
Originally Posted by slipperpicker
lots on ebay for sale compare there

Thanks , have done that but as we all know you can't always trust what they claim. I am not looking for value just someone knowledgeable about history age etc.

Last edited by chevy350; Mon Apr 16 2018 09:59 AM.

Vintage car restorer/collector with a love for all things old.. Too many toys never enough room.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JimT
I've always felt the white backed ones are the newest. I'm not sure if they are reproductions or reissues....

Thanks Jack

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thanks Jack[/quote]

No problem Bob.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by JimT

Thanks Jack

No problem Bob.
[/quote]
Ooops. Sorry about that. blush Don't know what I was thinking or I guess NOT thinking. smile

Last edited by chevy350; Tue Apr 17 2018 09:44 AM.

P
P
If this helps any, I have a Mail Pouch thermometer identical to yours that I purchased new about 30 years ago at a local K-Mart.

Pat

OP Offline
Originally Posted by pgerald
If this helps any, I have a Mail Pouch thermometer identical to yours that I purchased new about 30 years ago at a local K-Mart.

Pat

That does help. Thank you. I just saw one exactly the same on EBAY claiming it was 50's 60's sell for $125.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved