Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#718599 Wed Oct 24 2018 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This past weekend at Peotone I was discussing with the Maxwell brothers the existence of a Sinclair Supreme sign like the one pictured only with Supreme instead of Gasoline.

Way back in either 1996 or 1997 when the CTO show was in Worthington I laid my hands on the mystery sign. At the time I didn't know a lot about Sinclair but knew enough that I never saw one. Now I wish I would have bought it but it was priced more than I wanted to pay at the time. Funny thing is I don't remember the price but I bet it was cheap by todays standard.

Mark nor Wes have never seen one and there wasn't one in Jackie Knott's collection. I have always been puzzled that I never saw another. I thought maybe that it was a repro but why haven't any others surfaced? Why have I not seen it in an original photo? And no I wasn't dreaming, I vividly remember it. To me it makes sense that this sign would exist. They made the Supreme sign that went on the face plates of a Bennett 2000 series pump.

Which leads me to this point..... somebody owns it, its out there. Love to know if anybody has one.

Tom.

IMG_20181024_2315.jpg

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
tbuckles #718634 Wed Oct 24 2018 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have never seen one either and it totally makes sense. Lets find this sign!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved