Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#719832 Mon Nov 19 2018 12:40 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Here is a drawing of the pump: http://www.ljungmans.org/historia/img/vici.gif (in litres)

Here are a video from a Wayne of same type https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l29Jh58FXPg

We need a manual or description for dismantling and restoring this old pump. Do you have a source of spare parts? Do you happen to have or know someone having the book or details?
We already have tried to contact Wayne, a Ljungman "dealer" and also the museum of Friends of Ljungman Pumps in Sweden but in vain so far.

--
Greetings from Norway

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I am the author of the three Gas Pump Identification books, the third edition just came out in August. My book identifies pumps made in the U.S. The reason for this is since pumps made elsewhere were usually not sold in the U.S. and therefore there is no literature available to even ID the pump.

The picture of the pump you supplied does not look like any Wayne pump that was sold in the U.S., if anything it does look a little like a Clear Vision pump.

I doubt you will be able to find any parts here and also keep this in mind, the pump companies never gave a thought that the pump would be restored 100 years later, their literature usually only shows the parts that were used to make the pump. If a pump needed a part the repairman looked up the part, got the part number then ordered the part.

My book is available at: www.gaspumpbible.com

Good luck in your venture.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I can’t help you with literature, but I have to say... that is a cool looking pump. Good luck with your restoration.

-Steve

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Hi Erling, Welcome.....I have been restoring gas pumps for over twenty five years. In that time I have done a whole lot of visibles. These are very big and heavy, but also rather easy to restore since they had very few moving parts. In my opinion, all you need is a camera to photograph the complete, unrestored unit. As you remove parts, document each process with more pictures. Once you have all the parts removed and labeled....you can start the restoration. When all parts are ready...ie. paint, plating etc.....simply start with your last picture and re-assemble using the photos in reverse order. Nothing to fear and you'll be please that you did it yourself. Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by gasmansgp
Hi Erling, Welcome.....I have been restoring gas pumps for over twenty five years. In that time I have done a whole lot of visibles. These are very big and heavy, but also rather easy to restore since they had very few moving parts. In my opinion, all you need is a camera to photograph the complete, unrestored unit. As you remove parts, document each process with more pictures. Once you have all the parts removed and labeled....you can start the restoration. When all parts are ready...ie. paint, plating etc.....simply start with your last picture and re-assemble using the photos in reverse order. Nothing to fear and you'll be please that you did it yourself. Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

I have one thing to add. When you remove the small parts and label them (like Paul mentioned), put them in Ziploc bags, label them with a marker and number them (just start at 1 and go up). Then when you put it back together it is easier to find the parts you need, just go through the bags in reverse order (along with the pics and documentation that Paul mentioned).

This applies more to an electric pump, since visibles don't have as many small parts, but it may help you keeping some things in order.

-Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Tue Nov 20 2018 06:21 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved