Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#720157 Sun Nov 25 2018 05:08 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A big thanks to my brother and his wife for the early Christmas surprise present. My first globe! This two piece glass is from a personal collection of a past oil distributor in Omaha NE; Eddie Gibson of Gibson Petroleum. Unfortunately both Eddie and my Dad are now deceased but luck has it my brother's wife successfully connected with Eddie's grandson to purchase some old original pieces from Eddie's collection.

Eddie was the broker/oil distributor that provided serviced for my Dad's gas station/truck stop, BA Tramp Oil, in South Yankton, Nebraska.

Did anyone on this forum know Eddie Gibson? Just curious.

DR1.jpg DR2.jpg

Terry Tramp

I'm interested in Deep Rock and Kerr McGee items especially if they are marked B.A. Tramp Oil
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
N
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
N
Eddie was a friend and fellow oil distributor, was lucky to pick up a lot of great stuff from him over the past years .

I collect Phillips 66 and globes pumps & signs esp Iowa co.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Preston for responding. I wish I knew then what I know now and had taken interest in and preserving all the vintage gas station memorabilia that I was exposed to and had access to. I worked for Eddie in Omaha in 1984 for a mere 6 months waiting to enter the USAF and then had infrequent contact with him after.

Terry Tramp

I'm interested in Deep Rock and Kerr McGee items especially if they are marked B.A. Tramp Oil

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved