Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
I've wanted to bring this up for a long time and now seems like a good time . True story I would have this nightmare every month or so and in it I would go out to my garage and everything would be gone , or it would be just certain things and of course the best things ,and until I would realize it was just a dream it was very upsetting . So about a year and a half ago I decided to try to do something about it . I researched security systems and company's . I wanted a loud alarm as well as High definition cameras , and be able to self monitor it and have it linked up to my cell phone to be able to pull up the camera views from almost anywhere . First off all the company's that I talked to told me they couldn't set it up that way . They wanted to charge that monthly fee for watching over it , I basically had to tell them I would go elsewhere if they didn't want to set it up that way . The bottom line is no one will watch my stuff better than me so this is what I have 5 high resolution cameras that record all movement , an ear splitting alarm that goes off inside as well as outside that I think you could hear a half mile away . You set the alarm when you leave and deactivate with a 4 digit code when you enter . The alarm goes off by either motion sensors or when the doors are opened after a short period . If I'm away When that happens I get a text message that alerts me to contact the authorities . all I can say is no one is going to hang around once the alarm goes off. It has worked great for the most part the only drawback is pulling up the cameras from remote locations with my phone is sometimes slow or not available . It was also fairly expensive but I'm not a tech guy so I had to hire it out but I'm sure a lot of you smart guys could do all this yourselves for a lot less money . I know that someone could get back in here and load up a pump or sign then take off but at least I know there will be pictures of them . I like to enjoy my things inside and out and this gives me a certain amount of peace of mind as well as I sleep a lot better . I'm sure other people have security systems as well . Lets hear about them . Peter

IMG_1425.JPG IMG_1426.JPG IMG_1427.JPG IMG_1428.JPG
Last edited by Wasatch Man; Sat Dec 15 2018 02:59 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
One more picture

IMG_1429.JPG
Last edited by Wasatch Man; Sat Dec 15 2018 02:58 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I got my truck stolen in the middle of the night right out of driveway. They make a motion boundary Lazer you build like an invisible fence with as soon as someone crosses it's hooked up to a really bright flashing light. Sounds an alarm in my bedroom Also the system once triggered starts recording with cameras. Later it was put to the test at least two more times people came snooping around the cars at night it's funny watching them bolt the other way once the light goes off. Just thought you might want to look into that it really works. People are too used to hearing alarms they are not going to care about running to see what it is. My truck now alerts me and I can track on GPS also I can shut it off with my phone lock doors and hope he's still in it when I get there.

Last edited by Douglashwy; Sat Dec 15 2018 03:21 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved