Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#724280 Sun Feb 03 2019 10:07 PM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Love them or hate them what the Patriots are doing will never be repeated.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Not be the Saints anyway.!

Congrats to the Patriots and Fans!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We Patriots fans are enjoying the success of our great team year after year, every year brings a new team with star players gone and new ones arriving. The only consistent is the QB and the Coach.
We also get to hear of the hate of our team and " give other teams a chance" chants. But in reality they are just a great team with exceptional coaching.
We went thru years of losing seasons and I still remember them well, if any haters had their teams on this winning streak they too would sure be enjoying every moment.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You don't know that sandp!

Last edited by st.rod; Sun Feb 10 2019 09:23 PM.

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
st.rod #724641 Sun Feb 10 2019 09:30 PM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted by st.rod
You don't know that sandp!javascript:quickReply(724639,1,0)

Larry I agree Never is a long time!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
With free agency, a salary cap and a weighted draft the NFL has a built a system to preclude any one team from having the kind of consistent success that New England has shown for the past 18 years. 18 consecutive seasons with a winning record, 10 consecutive division titles, 16 out of 18 division titles (the 2 years the Patriots did not win the division they were tied for best record and lost on tie breakers), 9 Super Bowl appearances in 18 years, 6 World Championships in 18 years. I stand by my statement that what New England has accomplished will never be repeated.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It probably is true that it may become harder to repeat their success in the future. But I’m not sure that changing the way the NFL has been operated successfully for fifty years to achieve more team parity is a good thing. NASCAR was so afraid that the sport was dying after Earnhardt won seven championships they concluded that nobody wanted to watch racing dominated by a few drivers who lapped the field every week. In that era the sports fan base was growing every year and while a lot of people said they hated Earnhardt they also couldn’t stay away because they waited every week for him to get beat. Now, after years of implementing rules to insure parity among teams, the sport is a boring, follow the leader, every car looks the same event. If not for tv contracts it would be dead. As far as the rule changes stopping domination by one team Jimmy Johnson and Chad Knaust pretty much proved that theory wrong too. There will always be combinations of the right people and resources that will cause the cream to rise to the top. But just like the rest of the world today, everyone has to be a winner, nobody should lose, and God forbid anybody is made to look bad.....even if they are.....GB

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved