Print Thread
#726275 Sat Mar 09 2019 07:47 PM
O
old dog Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
O
I have never torn into or rebuilt a veederoot. I do not need them to totally work because my pumps are not working pumps any longer. I clean them up and lube them to where they turn and reset. I have one I cleaned up , it turns free and easily. I hooked a drill to the yoke on the underside, it calculates fine, When it's turned and reset, everything goes to zero except one set of gallon wheels. They reset to 77 0/10. Am I going to have to take the veederoot apart , or is there a simple way to get those wheels back in sync? Thanks , Mike.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
old dog #726276 Sat Mar 09 2019 07:53 PM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Timing those things is a bit tedious. Good luck.

old dog #726283 Sun Mar 10 2019 06:00 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If your right wheel (10th) comes back to zero everytime it can't be out of sync. The problem has to be in the other 2 wheels. It's either the pinion wheels or a stuck reset lever inside the wheel. That's my best guess without laying my hands on it. If you can't figure it out get in contact with me and I walk you thru it.

Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
old dog #726306 Sun Mar 10 2019 11:53 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
A little story. Years ago PMP who was a rebuilder of air meters and V/Rs invited me to come up Connecticut to clean out a large room of old air meter parts they didn't want. On one side of a large room was a section were people were rebuilding VRs. I asked them to please show me how they reassembled the meter and bring it back to three 000s. A woman was doing the reassembling, she said "this goes here, this goes there, etc. then when I turn this, all the numbers will come back to 000. Well, they didn't, and that was the time I decided I would not pursue the rebuilding of VRs, I would just let the experts do them.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sun Mar 10 2019 11:54 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
old dog #726312 Sun Mar 10 2019 12:41 PM
O
old dog Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
O
Thanks Tom and Jack. I turn the left wheel, it and the center wheel lock in. I turn them by hand to zero . when I turn the reset , they do not move until the 0/10's locks in with both 7's then they turn with the remaining reset cycle . The shutters open and they're back at 77 0/10's again. I might try hooking a drill to the underside and turn the whole meter to 99 9/10's gallons and see what happens? Might give you a shout sometime Tom. I'll let you know if I'm gaining on it. Thanks again

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved