Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#727117 Sun Mar 24 2019 04:27 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks for allowing me to join your online group. I have a Gilbarco 904 that I have gutted and am putting some new pieces on but am leaving the paint in its rusty glory. I purchased new ad glass and meter glass and RB-105 rubber. I am hoping someone can give me some advice on how to install the glass. The original glass and rubber was in place so I am able to see how the relief corners were cut in the rubber to allow the square glass corners. I assume you install the rubber around the opening first, and then somehow press in the rubber. Every time I try the rubber falls out of the opening.

Sorry if this has been covered previously but searched past posts and didn't see anything.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Hello, you can try Gas Pump Heaven How To's section.

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks, but unfortunately GPH's "how to" section only has a video on how to install glass with rounded corners. I checked there first as well as YouTube.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Gilbarco rubber is easy to install. Starting at the center bottom of the opening, place the rubber over the metal and work around keeping the rubber tight in the corners until you return to the area where you started. Remember, the rubber only fits with the glass slot inside the door. The other side with the thin curved cut is the side that goes over the metal. Cut the rubber 1/4" longer than needed and force it into the end of the window rubber where you started. Cut the reliefs out of the corners. Place the glass into the top glass slot on the back and work it into the rubber by use of a boning tool, which is a simple plastic piece which causes no glass damage, at the edges. A bit of Windex can be helpful to lubricate the rubber? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Paul, I will give this a try. I think my problem was I was not keeping it tight enough and not forcing in a little extra to keep it tighter.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved