C
chimp_change
Unregistered
chimp_change
Unregistered
C
Hi,

New member here.

I have two metal plates that I cannot find elsewhere on the internet. Curious if anyone has seen them before.

I got them from my grandfather who worked at Mobil Oil in marketing from late 1940s - mid 1980s. The plates both have an "M" on the front-center. Back says "Texceramics by Texlite". The Texlite Co seems to be most known for their metal signage. I also found a personalized letter from the company thanking my grandfather for a business visit. Unfortunately, I didn't put "two and two together" and tossed the letter. I imagine that these plates were a gift from Texlite.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#729936 Fri May 24 2019 08:23 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Nothing I've seen before myself.
Just curious though, did the family name end with an M? I don't feel they have anything to do with Mobil directly....more like a monogrammed item given as a personal gift/memento of the visit to the factory, like you mention.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
#729941 Fri May 24 2019 11:16 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...there's one on Worthpoint, from an old eBay listing...no monogram, but very similar to your item:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/texceramics-texlite-peach-enamel-1828037190

...I'm guessing they date from the postwar period, before the early 1960s...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
DWSheffer #730028 Sun May 26 2019 02:24 PM
C
chimp_change
Unregistered
chimp_change
Unregistered
C
Yes, M is the last name.

gulfiend! #730031 Sun May 26 2019 02:29 PM
C
chimp_change
Unregistered
chimp_change
Unregistered
C
Gulfiend!,

Thanks for finding that. Now when I image search google, I get the peach plate and the ones posted here!
Any chance you are a Worthpoint member? Curious what they sold for but couldn't find anything on the ebay advanced search.

Thanks

c_c

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved