Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#730352 Sun Jun 02 2019 12:17 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
If you can't get enough out of your 5 gallon can, just cut out the sides and sell them as signs, should get
at least 2 signs out of it.

ca.jpg

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
minuteman #730449 Mon Jun 03 2019 06:31 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Brought $500 to boot

Jimmy McNerney
----------------
Mainly collect White Rose, Enarco, Derby Gas, Union 76. But also collect anything unique, rare or just plain cool.
minuteman #730461 Mon Jun 03 2019 08:43 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sadly, that seller and his “sign girl” are notorious for misrepresenting their items and mixing repros and fantasy signs with original signs to fool buyers. The number one excuse I’ve seen made for the seller is that they run through too much inventory to make sure every sign is real. Sadder still, any posts on FB I’ve seen that bring up the misconduct is met with his buddies backing him up and saying he’s a straight up guy, he doesn’t sell fakes, blah blah blah. I don’t get it...

Last edited by RedHat; Mon Jun 03 2019 08:45 PM.

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
RedHat #730469 Mon Jun 03 2019 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by RedHat
Sadly, that seller and his “sign girl” are notorious for misrepresenting their items and mixing repros and fantasy signs with original signs to fool buyers. The number one excuse I’ve seen made for the seller is that they run through too much inventory to make sure every sign is real. Sadder still, any posts on FB I’ve seen that bring up the misconduct is met with his buddies backing him up and saying he’s a straight up guy, he doesn’t sell fakes, blah blah blah. I don’t get it...

just sent a sign back too these folks this week, this is the sign- was upgrading as there sign had many differences-
thickness of sign, color of pegasus, details in pegasus, alignment of pegasus, shelving of sign, clarity of letters-
a buyer without an original too compare with might have got stung,
that being said I have bought some good original stuff from this seller .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-V...-Gas-Oil-16-034-Metal-Sign-/143244194137

IMG_3471[1].JPG

RANDY
advertologist #730474 Mon Jun 03 2019 10:37 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by advertologist
Originally Posted by RedHat

just sent a sign back too these folks this week, this is the sign- was upgrading as there sign had many differences-
thickness of sign, color of pegasus, details in pegasus, alignment of pegasus, shelving of sign, clarity of letters-
a buyer without an original too compare with might have got stung,
that being said I have bought some good original stuff from this seller .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-V...-Gas-Oil-16-034-Metal-Sign-/143244194137

I’m sorry to hear that man, I’m glad you didn’t get burned. Hopefully you can find another upgrade without the hassle. I had a similar experience a few years back and went through the entire return process without a word from the seller. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Previous to that, I’d purchased cans from them that were undoubtedly legit without issue. I can’t imagine the number of people that have gotten burned getting lulled into a false sense of security with the odd mix of fake/fantasy/original.

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
minuteman #730498 Tue Jun 04 2019 03:08 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
At the very least, it sounds like he is accepting the return. I haven’t ever bought anything off him or know him but that is at least helpful.

minuteman #731619 Wed Jun 26 2019 02:31 PM
W
Online Content
W
I also have noticed with this EBAY seller that he will have quite a few bids on an item not too long after he lists it. I just don't how that many people have had a chance to view it let alone bid on it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved