Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#737968 Tue Oct 29 2019 01:21 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Getting ready to restore another rescue pump. Do any of you know what nozzle was used on this pump ? Would appreciate any help. Lee

Anything oil and gas.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
oldpumpjack #737994 Tue Oct 29 2019 11:42 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Years ago when I was trying to put as much gas pump information on my website I started a section called "Nozzles." To be honest this was to provide two thing, tell everyone what nozzles were on the pump when it was delivered and I'll admit, to sell one of the many nozzles I had at the time.

I can't add, delete, or change anything on my website, it is dormant, Microsoft quit supporting it around 2013, so it sits, and of course I could not rebuild it at the time, mainly because there are over 12,000 images on it, so it sits. but you can see what nozzle came with the 546-B by going to:

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%20nozzles.htm

I might even have one, I'll post it here if I find one.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
oldpumpjack #738068 Wed Oct 30 2019 10:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack, here is a nozzle with "Bennett" on it. I was supersized to see it because I remember reading there was not any made.

Bennett nozzle 01.jpg

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
oldpumpjack #738069 Wed Oct 30 2019 10:29 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Matt,

What I work off of is original factory literature, I don't have your experience in dealing with each exact pump. I will say this, I don't believe any pump company ever made a nozzle. My literature indicates, this was one of the many items they used that were made by some independence company, such as in the case of what you are showing above. Bennett was so large and ordered so many nozzles they could request their name be put on every nozzle. The same with Tokheim as it appears that OPW made every nozzle they used, or at least most of what they used. Pump companies were in the business of selling pumps, not nozzles. I will admit, I have never seen a nozzle with the name Bennett engraved on the nozzle, nice find. My factory literature doesn't state who made the nozzles, so all I can do is to compare a particular nozzle with a picture in an OPW, Morrison, etc. catalog to determine who made the nozzles.

I will all this, I was in the Bennett factory the day they closed the company, this was not a large factory. I actually believe they had a great deal of parts made either by independent companies, or off site factories that Bennett owned.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved