Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#742438 Sun Jan 19 2020 03:26 PM
M
OP Offline
M

Hi,

I recently purchased an ECO 97 Tireflator that was in great original shape except for a broken shot lengthener spring. I was able to source an original shot lengthener mechanism and am repairing with the help of Jack Sim's Service Manual. I am looking for some guidance on oiling the unit while I have it apart. I found an image online of oiling locations from an original instruction manual (which, for some reason, I am unable to attach). What is a good lubricant to use and any tips on other maintenance I should preform while I have it apart? I checked the screen, and it was in good shape.

Also, can anyone tell me the age of the unit? The plate on the back says (hard to read):
Serial Number: 4 R 1341
Spec Number: 97 1001
Model Number: 97

Thanks,
Mike

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Your unit was born in April, 1969.

I don't remember reading anything about lubricating the ECO. For the first few years they had pads that you could put a drop of oil on, but this was dropped almost immediately. ECOs seem to run for ever, but the biggest problem is rust. Rust comes from water in the compressors that do not have filters on them. The water sits in the unit and starts to rust everything out, sending rust particles throughout the unit. The service station owners were instructed to open the drain them at least once per month, but they got lazy and didn't bother.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Jack,

Thanks for the response. Attached is the page from the instruction manual that provoked my question.

Mike

Eco 97 oiling locations.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved