Next Thread
Print Thread
#742696 Sun Jan 26 2020 10:27 AM
SodaJim Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hello all,
Would anyone have an idea on the age of these tins...? One tin has an interesting Standard Oil logo
Thank you for input!

DSC_9872.jpg DSC_9873.jpg DSC_9874.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I've had some of these over the years, including a stack of NOS ones. I've always figured the vintage was in the early to later teen's, or perhaps a little earlier. One might think "turn of the century" because of the look of the graphics. However, a relatively large number of these seem to have survived, which makes me think they're not early, early 1900's. However, it will be interesting to see if some Standard Oil collector can add more factual information on the age. John

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
You know, Jim, you could have found the answer for yourself with a simple Google search. And, you could have done it in less time than it took to shoot your photos and do the posting here. Not a lecture....just a thought for you, perhaps something to try in the future.

I got curious after posting my comments above, and did that search. In less than five seconds, this beautiful (dated 1913) Standard Oil brochure for their axle grease came up. Note the tin in the helpful farmer's hand, and the lid on the ground. John

astandard1.jpg
Last edited by Jolly-John; Sun Jan 26 2020 11:44 AM.
SodaJim Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks John!
I photograph everything anyway just for documentation/reference and in case I decide to sell; it's already done. I usually do a quick search but find posting here a little more engaging!
I appreciate your time and knowledge! Thanks again! Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved