Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#742899 Wed Jan 29 2020 02:00 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Hello group,
As stated with the title, I need some help. I found a 15 gallon lubester in a barn here in Tennessee, and I have been banging my head against all sores of walls and dead ends with NO results. Here is all I know about this piece of equipment. The original color looks to be an orange maybe similar to the gulf orange. There are no tags to be seen, nor are the any point that look as if there were rivets were once inserted, the size of the tank, and on the pump handle there is an 'S' stamped inside two brackets '[' and ']'. These brackets do not connect with one side slightly higher than the other forming a diamond around the 'S'. I was hoping that you all could help me.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Pictures would help

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If it is a 15 gallon unit, it was not sold to use in a service station. These were sold for use in a home garage. If it was used in a private garage, it would not have been painted for an oil company.

I have literature on these units from probably 50 different companies that made them, as Bill says, post some pictures (be sure to read the instructions above about not posting the picture sideways) and I'll try and identify it.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Thu Jan 30 2020 12:25 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
OP Offline
G
Bill jr, Sorry I am trying to that right now.

#742923 Thu Jan 30 2020 12:13 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Hello group again,
After trying to edit my old post I made the command decisions to re-post it. Thank you Bill jr and the other person who replied (sorry for not catching your name).
As stated with the title, I need some help. I found a 15 gallon lubester in a barn here in Tennessee, and I have been banging my head against all sores of walls and dead ends with NO results. Here is all I know about this piece of equipment. The original color looks to be an orange maybe similar to the gulf orange. There are no tags to be seen, nor are the any point that look as if there were rivets were once inserted, the size of the tank, and on the pump handle there is an 'S' stamped inside two brackets '[' and ']'. These brackets do not connect with one side slightly higher than the other forming a diamond around the 'S'. I was hoping that you all could help me.

20200117_170226[86].jpg 20200121_174515[83].jpg 20200122_123611[84].jpg 20200121_192114[85].jpg
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
It just appears to be a simple lubester like many others that was used at a gulf dealer at one time . The color by the level measuring boss is definitely Gulf orange . Based on the current condition you can make it anything you want as there are no remaining Signs of originality . Good luck

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Online Cool
Since there is a pail hook on the spigot and the size is so small, I'd say it was meant for a lower volume product like lamp oil. Could have been placed on a countertop. If it were used for motor oil, it would need to be replenished often.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved