Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#743959 Tue Feb 18 2020 02:28 PM
OP Offline
I'm a former employee, and collector, turned picker for a member of the Erickson family. Looking for any tough, and unique "Erickson" items. Yes, we are looking for one of the molded plastic globes, Holiday or SA! wink

Last edited by Erickson Holiday; Tue Feb 18 2020 02:32 PM.

I'm a former collector, turned Erickson/SA/Northwestern Refining Company/Holiday petroliana picker, for a member of the family.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
My specialty is literature. Ads, articles, etc., going back to as early as 1900. Can you email me some information about the company, where were they located, during what times, anything so that I can pinpoint where I should be looking?

Jack Sim

jhsim@petrocollect.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Collecting most things related to Cities Service, Galena Oil, Hi-Speed Gas, Sunoco & Richfield.
OP Offline
Hi Jack! Seven Erickson Brothers started with a General Store in Centuria, WI in 1928. Their first station was opened in Lindstrom, MN in 1939 (there are rumors of an earlier store in Barron , WI). Early Erickson stations would have been in Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, Iowa, and Illinois. The first headquarters was on W. Lake Street in Minneapolis. The Erickson's began the Northwestern Refining Company, in St. Paul Park, MN. Elmer Erickson founded Super America, which was the gasoline arm of the refinery. The family sold the refinery to Ashland in 1970, and SA went with it. The brothers kind of set off on their own, forming separate companies, Erickson/Holiday and World Wide (Bloomington, MN), and Erickson Oil Company (Hudson, WI). The family sold out to Canadian-owned Circle K just a few years back.

I'm a former collector, turned Erickson/SA/Northwestern Refining Company/Holiday petroliana picker, for a member of the family.
OP Offline
Thanks Sandman! I'll have to join the group to see it. I did have a pretty extensive collection, I sold to the family a few years back. I am looking for the impossible items (globes and lenses), there were (5) full size Erickson porcelain outdoor signs dug up in Ellsworth, WI (with poles) several years ago. I didn't buy one at the time because of the size, and I didn't have the heart to separate the sign from the pole. Oddball things that might be related to the family. Some of the kids were models in the World Wide Warehouse catalogs. One of my favorite items I sold was a plumb bob stamped "Erickson Brothers - Minneapolis" that I got from a carpenter that worked on the early stores. We did have (21) reproduction sets of the first two globes, made up by PogoGas. Please keep the family and I in mind if you see something wild.

Last edited by Erickson Holiday; Wed Feb 26 2020 10:05 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved