Next Thread
Print Thread
#744137 Sun Feb 23 2020 10:07 AM
SodaJim Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hello,

I researching how this device functioned and what the cork backing, assumed cork, dimensions are... I see there are four mounting holes with one screw left that attached the "To Car - To Storage" plate to some type of flotation, cork is assumed...
If this device mounted atop of the brass over-flow pipe that slides up/down based on gallons selected, how would it effectively function...?
Does anyone have good pictures of one in better condition showing the float and other features...?
Thank you for your time!

DSC_9894.jpg DSC_9896.jpg DSC_9898.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
There was a brass rod, shaped much like a large hook, that went thru the cork vertically. The hook projected out the bottom and curved forward.

When the overflow pipe was in the lowest position in the cylinder, the hook would be against the bottom of the cylinder bowl and push the cork upward, exposing the words "to storage". Once that pipe was lifted into position for filling cylinder, the weight of the cork with the brass hook would pull the cork downward exposing the words "to car".

Filling cylinder with fuel would float the cork and again expose "to storage" once fuel reached capacity.

Sorry, I don't have photos.

SodaJim Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thank you Morgan!
Someone did share a couple of pictures that show both the cork and the brass hook(s)...
Now I have to locate another indicator...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved