So I am a little more pessimistic on this. I guess the glass is half empty as far as COVID is concerned. Here is why:
1) North America is late to the COVID "party"
2) USA has done little testing, you could be surrounded by positive patients. So the rates of infected people quoted will be falsely reassuring.
3) The virus doesn't respect borders. While China and S Korea seem to have peaked, Italy, Spain, Germany and England are still rising in death tolls.
4) In Italy mortality rate is 9%. Their data is probably the most complete set we have.
5) People in Italy and Spain didn't take it seriously in the beginning and the result maybe secondary to a nonchalance attitude as it was a "Chinese" problem.
6) Most people will get a hardly noticed cold, or some wont even notice they're infected, however the +60 year old people with medical problems will be disproportionately affected with 10% and greater mortality rates mirroring Italy's experience.
Finally it's here and it's real. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/nyregion/new-jersey-family-coronavirus.html
Ultimately we've all been given the information. There's no shortage of it. Some good info, some bad but we can all decide how we are going to react individually. However willful disrespectful behaviours like we saw of the spring breakers will affect us all as they bring back the virus to a community near you. Stay healthy OG'ers