Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Hello, Just found this porcelain woodgrain service station owner's sign in an old barn along with the picnic sign and an early no hunting sign. Sadly I think I missed a few other signs by a few hours.

The Burton's Service Station sign appears to be a panel that attached to above or below another sign from a gas company. I was wondering if any of you happened to know if this woodgrain porcelain sign was produced for a gas/oil company or possibly something that the station owner purchased, also any idea of age?

Hope everyone has been doing well out there with the virus changing our world, I have had some luck with Craigslist I found the Bennett 646 a two weeks ago (my first gas pump), The sign was from another post advertising "Free Metal" showing a pile that looked promising to have antiques. Sadly it appears even though I arrived within an hour of posting while they were cleaning out before some others came in to the barn to buy noticing the clean out. The signs were not free from the free metal pile but reasonable, I did find a wood spoke possible Model T wheel with balloon tire on the free scrap metal pile.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a MILLION,
David.

gas sign.jpg close up sign.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Burtons probably sold Texaco products.

Welcome to the site.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by MetroPetro
Burtons probably sold Texaco products..

or standard oil products .. ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most of the simulated wood grain, porcelain signs, that you find, were produced for Texaco high line stations built during a certain period.
Yours is one of those.
Here is one I've had...

DSCF6422a.jpg DSCF6426a.jpg

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for your help here, nice to be able to match to an oil brand!

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1clsn.PNG

RANDY
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks to you all for the information as well as the old thread I had not seen Knowing they are from Texaco now I did some digging and have not seen others with the station owners sign on them, it is amazing to see the variety made in this style. The price on the one on eBay makes me wonder if I should hang on to the one that I currently have... I did not know they could be so valuable but this is also an asking vs. sold price.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved