Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#748854 Sat May 16 2020 04:58 PM
K
Kyle Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm working on restoring my wayne 60 and I do not have a light switch. What I have is the light manifold with conduit for a globe but nothing else. I've looked at my other 60 and found the switch and housing in that pump so i know what I'm looking for but this pump didnt have it. Can anybody give me some advice or tell me what you have done for your pumps?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Kyle #748855 Sat May 16 2020 05:24 PM
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
I've wired in a house light switch just inside the access door. Richard

Kyle #748937 Sun May 17 2020 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lots of ways to do this. You could take a old style rotary dimmer switch (that pushes on/off too), and then remove the big knob. Drill a hole somewhere convenient and mount the switch so the prong of the switch comes through. I've done this mounting a piece of stainless or brass to the switch prong and make a nice but small switch/knob that is exposed on the outside somewhere.

Typically the light switch on most pumps, when present, can be replaced with a standard light switch. Typically you have to just trim it down. Not sure about the Wayne 60 specifically.

I've seen maybe five different ways switches are installed in gas pumps, usually with a little creativity you can figure out a way to install a new switch that looks good. For me, I dont reuse the old wire and prefer not to use the old switches either although theres probably nothing wrong using an old switch that has been cleaned up.

I've also sometimes hooked up a dimmer switch just inside the access panel door, and just a simple on/off switch outside somewhere.

Last edited by Paul Bell; Sun May 17 2020 03:17 PM.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Kyle #748943 Sun May 17 2020 04:07 PM
K
Kyle Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for the reply guys. I've already pulled the old wiring out so I'm starting with a clean slate there. I just figured I would ask some of you that have been down this road before for ideas. I would like to have something that looks a little more industrial that would look like it belonged there. I like the idea of a dimmer switch. That's something I hadn't thought of but could see it being a nice addition. I'll keep searching and see what I can come up with.

Kyle #748994 Mon May 18 2020 08:24 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I have a sandblasted, primed switch case and brass plunger for the Wayne 60, but don't have the push button switch that mounts inside the case.
Joe

Kyle #749251 Sat May 23 2020 03:27 PM
K
Kyle Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Joe, I'll keep that in mind. I've found some pretty cool vintage looking switches at vintagewireandsupply.com I've got a little ways to go before I'm ready to start wiring it back up. If I think I can use the original housing I may get back with you.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved