Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#753338 Sun Aug 16 2020 02:27 PM
D
D Rau Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Greetings After retiring and down sizing my modest antique car and motorcycle collection , I am once again starting to accumulate a few odds and ends. My latest purchase is a Bowser 575 Sinclair gas pump . I know they were produced in Fort Wayne Indiana but I would like to know how many years they were produced. Also ... I have a question for the experts... What is the function of the large threaded hole that is located directly above the brass gas nozzle receiver cover ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and stay safe and healthly Dave

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. If I am reading Jack Sim's Gas Pump Bible correctly your pump was made between 1941 - 1948. If I'm mistaken I'm sure others here can correct me. I'll let the pump experts answer your other question.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Threaded hole is for a pricer box.

D
D Rau Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Wow.... You are amazing..... I didn't even know what a pricer box was until I googled it. Thanks for the extrenely fast replies....You guys rock !! Have a good night

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Dave if your pump has the original tag attached with the Serial Number stamped in it, I may be able to even get you close to the month or year that pump was born. Welcome to OG. You are right, there is a lot of knowledge in this group. Enjoy the hunt. Neil

D
D Rau Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello Neil ... My pump is missing the tag.... Thanks for your offer to help and the warm welcone. This site is awesome and addictive ....

D
D Rau Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello... Why did Bowser feel the need to have a pricer box on their computer model 575? Thanks

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved