Print Thread
#758430 Tue Dec 15 2020 04:39 PM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
100 year old trans grease! Wow, STUNK!!
But came out nice. And inside is spotless but forgot to take pic and already in display cabinet.

Tell a stinky story. With pics if you have them.

20201212_183830.jpg 20201212_194019.jpg
Last edited by Steven C.; Tue Dec 15 2020 04:40 PM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
1 member likes this: buzzy56
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wow nice!,

Braden Splichal

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I don't have a picture of this as it unfolded, but within the last year I bought a nice Mobiloil Aero Green Band quart can off Ebay. It was a barn find and looked nice but needed a good cleaning. When I received it I unboxed it and it had a bit of an odor coming out of it but I was at work so I put it back in the box. When I got home that day I started to clean the can and the odor starting getting worse. The can felt like it had a little bit of extra weight in it, but it seemed to be stuck to the bottom of the can in the old gunk. I put some warm water in it and a bit of 409 cleaner to help cut the gunk, plugged the hole and vigorously shook it. Whatever was in there dislodged and I could feel it moving around. When I poured the water out I saw bits of fur, and the smell had gotten much worse! After a couple more cycles of this and more chunks of fur and flesh coming out the hole, a partially skeletal varmint leg poked out of the hole. I pulled on it and probably half of a dead mouse came out! I damn near threw up, it was nasty!! It wasn't recently deceased, but it wasn't petrified either. At least now I knew what I was dealing with and got the rest of it out, but darned if I don't think of that every time I look at this can now, haha!!

On a side note, the other cans I've had that the contents stink are the old Mobil Jet Oil synthetic oil cans from the 50's.....what a nasty smell they have, and tough to get rid of!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't have PICS either, but I drug a 96C home and it was an actual barn find, but more like a chicken coop find. I dug feathers, nesting, and enough chicken poop to fill I don't know how many drywall buckets full. I gutted it and sprayed it down with soap and water, still stunk something awful. Did it three more times, still almost gaged you when you got near it. Finally drug it to the car wash but I never did it all out. I sold that one! Brady

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
LMAO, Oh ***** those story's are gross!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice can!!!! As far as stink that’s all part of our fun ! I love the good old smell of varnished gas in old pumps when working on them!!!

Rob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hahahaha

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved