Next Thread
Print Thread
#765501 Sat Jul 03 2021 12:52 PM
F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
I know the topic has been discussed before on this site, but can someone share the latest and the greatest on what shipping company they have used in the past?
What company worked best for them logistically?
Who had the best price?
Who was the easiest to work with?
Thank you in advance, John

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
fleetcmat #765522 Sat Jul 03 2021 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There's really no best shipping company when it comes to finding something that logistically works and is a good price. The price will defer greatly depending on where the shippers hub is located at. I like freightquote which is a brokering service for finding various prices on different shippers. For shipping between Wisconsin and Virginia, R&L shipping comes up as the best. Sometimes I use Estes shipping, its close to me. On average, they have a 3% failure rate where something goes horribly wrong shipping. I buy supplemental insurance through freightquote, the shippers default insurance sucks. Unfortunately freightquotes and uships supplemental insurance has a $500 deductible. If something does go wrong is nice to have a large broker, like freightquote or uship, working on your behalf, they can give the shipper a beat down that you could not personally do directly to the shipper.

Sometimes you can save a little money dropping the shipment off at the shippers terminal, sometimes it is the same cost as pick-up. Try to ship to and from a business address, will save a lot of money. And be careful because sometimes people try to say they have a "home business" and that will not work, can't be a residential area. I like to drop off at terminals because its one less transfer point, one less place for things to get damaged. I'm all about reducing the risk in shipping, I make nice crates that have safe pick-up points on the bottom for a forklift.

Some people use fastenals shipping company, I've never tried that. Fastenal has been so unfriendly here that I've been avoiding them.

Last edited by Paul Bell; Sat Jul 03 2021 02:45 PM.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
fleetcmat #765524 Sat Jul 03 2021 03:21 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Last two pumps i had Beltman ship they were the best price and the pumps showed up when they said they would but they were close to the pickup point and had other freight coming near by

fleetcmat #765531 Sat Jul 03 2021 08:35 PM
F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
Thank you both. I will see what kind of quotes I can get.

fleetcmat #765656 Wed Jul 07 2021 10:21 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I just have to give a shout out to Beltman. I have had pumps and large signs shipped by them and agree with Bill jr...they have reasonable pricing structure, things show up on time and no surprises. You can also arrange to pick up your item at their freight terminal in your local area and save the cost of direct delivery. Good luck!

fleetcmat #765661 Thu Jul 08 2021 04:49 AM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Had one shipped from Oregon by Beltman,all went very smooth.price was reasonable and showed up when promised.highly recommend.

fleetcmat #765673 Thu Jul 08 2021 06:20 PM
F
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
Thanks!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved