Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#784924 Fri Dec 09 2022 07:05 PM
JackJ Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm pretty new to the Petroliana world and I love all the great information on this site. When a particular gas pump piques my interest I spend hours looking for pictures of one pump or another. I know this is an impossible task, but I wish photos posted in the chat board had the pictured pumps identified. This is true especially of the "Great Old Pics" thread. There are hundreds of pages with thousands of photos. Once I look at them and move on, they're gone. There's no way to search and find a particular pump.

Don't think I'm complaining - I'm not. I can't believe the effort by MetroPetro, advertologist and others over the years to post all these amazing vintage photos. I just wish they were all searchable. I know there's no way to go back and i.d. everything.

Just a thought, when someone posts a photo of their pump to a thread like "Pump of the Month", instead of saying, "Here's mine." maybe say, "Here's my Erie 80." That way someone can find that photo later. - Jack J.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good idea. I will try and remember to do that. So many collectors know whats what but like you mentioned they will not come up on a search.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved