Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#77674 Sat Dec 13 2008 04:25 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
& how many of you sellers placed other signs etc in the background that you are hoping someone will email asking what the seller wants for the other items in picture ? I have done it & got some Great deals [BOWSER 300 complete for $1200], NO EBAY FEES EITHER.

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

#77675 Sat Dec 13 2008 06:31 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wes and Greg,
I never said that Ray couldn't end his auction early! That's his right! As I said, with a few exceptions, we all know why it's done. To avoid paying fees!
Wes, I never said he was breaking any Ebay rules.It only has to do with why the auction was ended early. Wes, I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue what you mean by "if it's so important for you to get the item and probably CHEAP? It's probably not a GOOD DEAL for the Seller? Why is seller listing it in the first place if he doesn't want to sell it? What's cheap got to do with anything for the seller or the buyer? As I said earlier, as a seller if you want to protect your investment and are not willing to let it go for whatever the ending bid may be, put a reserve on it! As for "if it's important for me to get the item, if it's something I want bad enough,I'm going to place a silly bid on it to assure I get it and then I feel good because I got it for less than I was willing to pay. If I DO get it cheap, it's because no one else bid on it and the buyer didn't put a reserve on it by his own choosing. Ebay is an auction service with fees associated with utilizing their services. They are not a DEAL service. Do buyers end up getting deals at auctions sometimes? Absolutely! That's part of an auction.
Greg,Thanks for clarifying what happened, but I don't think that the first auction had anything to do with the second
auction. After the fact?? Yes they were Ray's items and yes per Ebay rules he could end the auction early which he did. What's with "following all the rules" on the first auction? How many are there with a buy it now? Commit to the BIN and pay! What fees did you have to pay? Any way you slice it or dice it, the auction was ended to avoid paying the fees that Ebay was due whether by his choice,or if you "as a friend didn't think he should." In other words you thought it was okay to withhold the fees Ebay was due. Wait, didn't you say "shouldn't fault Ray for WANTING to save a few bucks considering what they sold for?" I thought you said he was "willing to pay the fees." I think it does have to do with right and wrong and how people can always find a way to justify things. No,I probably shouldn't have turned this into a debate about right or wrong and Ebay fees but I done let da horse outta da barn. End of story. Pat.

[This message has been edited by puregas (edited 12-13-2008).]

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
#77676 Sat Dec 13 2008 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OK here is how I justify it. I didn't find out about the pump plates from ebay. I found them through oldgas. In my mind ebay isn't due squat on this transaction. I found them on ebay through a source other than ebay itself. I bought them off ebay. As for following the rules on the first sale I simply mean it was a straight through ebay into paypal transaction with no perception of fee avoidance. Ray paid the fees not me. Who really gives a $#@% whether ebay was left out on another transaction. Pat do you own ebay stock? They were not cheated out of anything at least in my eyes.

#77677 Sat Dec 13 2008 07:32 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Greg,I was relatively sure the "I found them on Old Gas" was coming.The signs were not for sale on Old Gas period. Ray said "I've put two very nice signs ON EBAY" period! Ray used Old Gas as a way to direct Old Gas members to his Ebay auction. Wouldn't Jim have gotten a cut if you had of bought the signs with a BIN bid through Old Gas? No Greg, I don't own Ebay stock and I don't agree with what they are cramming down sellers throats. It's still the best thing out there though. Remember what I said earlier about if it were a Mom and Pop operation? Would you still not give a $#@&? But you don't feel Ebay was cheated so it wouldn't matter I guess. Hey, I said end of story didn't I? My wife says I always try to get the last word in. Sorry.
Hey Greg, don't hate me! Look forward to seeing you in Missouri next month.Pat

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
#77678 Sat Dec 13 2008 07:54 PM
R
R
The eBay service was used, and you cheated them of the fees. This happens way too often, and it drives the cost up for the rest of us. Greg, do you like it when a client takes your professional photos to CVS or Wal-Mart and makes copies because they do not want to pay your fees? The answer is no. You do not like it because you were cheated out of fees.

#77679 Sat Dec 13 2008 08:10 PM
Online Cool
Your points were made on both sides. This is enough.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved